Where to buy tires?

toast

Established Member
I searched and found four pages of "tire question" but I didnt see anything about good places to actually purchase tires. Im very likely going to be purchasing 17x9 and 17x10.5s tomorrow but need to get ideas on what its going to cost me for tires. The selection at tirerack.com just isnt doing it for me. Im trying to do all the tires for around 500 (not sure if this is possible with the wide rears) but I havent heard much good about the Sumitomo HTR Z they sell there. Are there any other sites I can check out or should I just go to a local place around me? :shrug:

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
i get mine from tirerack, or at work ( i work at a dealership so i get them for a discount) are there any tires that you want? brand wise

toast

Established Member
Yea after continuing to do some research Ive found that I dont even really need 315s for a 10.5 inch wide wheel so it looks like I may turn back to tirerack after all. As far as brands I dont really mind. I dont have enough experience going through tires to really have a brand loyalty so I mainly am going by price and availability. Its still open to if I will even go with a 10.5 since 9 inch wheels are so much easier to find tires for, Im probably gunna take the weekend to think about it.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
I've been very happy with both www.tirerack.com and www.tires.com (discount tire). Discount Tire's prices were better in most cases & they don't charge shipping.

I have purchased from both and I won't buy from anywhere else. I've been to local shops & several chains (NTB, Goodyear, Firestone, Tires Plus) and their markup on performance tires is ridiculous. Online is the only way to go.

jimmygti

Established Member
i ordered 2 275/20/17 nitto drag radials from discount tire direct, they came in after 3 days at 298 for both, they were on sale :rockon:

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
discount tire or tirerack. If you are lucky enough to catch some closeouts on tirerack, you can CLEAN UP like no other!

Worked with them numerous times...very highly recommended.

SpittingCobra

Established Member
Yea after continuing to do some research Ive found that I dont even really need 315s for a 10.5 inch wide wheel so it looks like I may turn back to tirerack after all. As far as brands I dont really mind. I dont have enough experience going through tires to really have a brand loyalty so I mainly am going by price and availability. Its still open to if I will even go with a 10.5 since 9 inch wheels are so much easier to find tires for, Im probably gunna take the weekend to think about it.

My opinion: you need as much meat as you can get if you plan on any sort drag racing.

I went with 335 35 18 Nitto Nt555R Drag Radials $305 each mounted and balanced at Discount tire.

Just depends on how much power you wanna have and whether you want it to get to the ground at the stop light. I still have traction issues...next up is suspension mods.

KazooGS-T

Established Member
My opinion: you need as much meat as you can get if you plan on any sort drag racing.

I went with 335 35 18 Nitto Nt555R Drag Radials $305 each mounted and balanced at Discount tire.

Just depends on how much power you wanna have and whether you want it to get to the ground at the stop light. I still have traction issues...next up is suspension mods.
Two 315/35/17's run $340 shipped. And they will be there within three business days. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread