Where to buy BG synco shift 2

jdcobra

Established Member
Looking to swap out the fluid and install a MGW shifter. Before I used to use AMSOIL MTF but I’ve been reading about BG’s product. Just curious as to where I can buy it in the Houston area, thanks. All the shops want to do the service (which I can do on my own) and it’s just a waste of money to pay and have it done.

jdcobra

Established Member
I ran the BG stuff 8K miles and it was better than the Ford Fluid but the new Redline stuff is better than BG and actually recommended for Ford's Getrag transmission!!

https://www.amazon.com/Red-Line-310...8&qid=1511779482&sr=8-1&keywords=redline+dctf

Thanks! What’s the temp range on it? I live here in Houston and see mainly hot weather but right now it’s not liking the cooler nights we have :/

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Coosawjack

Established Member
Not sure what you mean by "temperature range" but mine shifts much better cold and has never been a problem hot!!

basspro302

Established Member
If you do the bg service before 50k miles they give you a warranty on the trans up to 4000$ and if you do it before 75k miles its 2k$. My shop has done some warranty some stuff do to the bg protection warranty.

Coosawjack

Established Member
BG does not list it for the MT82 but most folks say it works fine!!

Redline lists the MT82 on the bottle!!

jdcobra

Established Member
I actually spoke with Ben Calimer at Calimer transmissions. He said to go with 2 quarts of AMSOIL SYNCROMESH and 3/4 quart of AMSOIL transaxle fluid

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Coosawjack

Established Member
Ben knows his stuff and actually most fluids used in the MT-82s work fine hot but not so much cold......hard shifts and gear "nibbles"!!

The BG and the Redline seem to improve performance when cold and both worked well in mine but the Redline is better so far and less expensive!!

I'm not wild about blending several products when one will do the job!!

jdcobra

Established Member
Ben knows his stuff and actually most fluids used in the MT-82s work fine hot but not so much cold......hard shifts and gear "nibbles"!!

The BG and the Redline seem to improve performance when cold and both worked well in mine but the Redline is better so far and less expensive!!

I'm not wild about blending several products when one will do the job!!

I respect your decision. But I gave Bill all the info about where I lived and that’s what he said to go with. It hardly gets cold here in Houston so I don’t think his recommendation would be an issue.

SVOGT302

Established Member
Premium Member
I actually spoke with Ben Calimer at Calimer transmissions. He said to go with 2 quarts of AMSOIL SYNCROMESH and 3/4 quart of AMSOIL transaxle fluid
That's what I use now but it sure whines a lot since I put it in. May try this Redline in the spring.

jdcobra

Established Member
I’ll be the guinea pig I guess and let y’all know! Idk, it seems like each of these Getrags has their own personality so we shall see what happens

basspro302

Established Member
I bought my BG SyncoShift II here if you are inclined to go that way??

https://www.opmustang.com/store/p4/..._Shift_II_Synthetic_Gear_Oil_-_MT82_Kit_.html

Never heard anything about a warranty??:cool:

BG Drive Line Service
The BG Drive Line Service covers front or rear differentials, manual transmissions, transaxles or transfer cases.
Service interval: Within 30,000 miles/50,000 km of the previous service
Maximum reimbursement: Plan 1: $4,000 US; Plan 2: $2,000 US

https://www.bgprod.com/programs/lifetime-bg-protection-plan/

For Plan 2: $2,000 has to be done before 75k miles

SVOGT302

Established Member
Premium Member

SVOGT302

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks again, I see both Redline and Amsoil DCT fluid meet the Ford/Getrag M2C-936-A spec. Never noticed this before.
Actually the Ford spec is:
Dual Clutch Transmission Fluid, Motorcraft P/N XT-11-QDC or equivalent meeting Ford spec. WSS-M2C200-D2.

Stang Lover

Established Member
Ben's Calimer trans cocktail is highly recommended. It's widely known in the coyote community. Two bottles of Manual synchromesh and .7 of the trans/gear lube. I'll be doing this next week.

Attachments

• cocktail.jpg
    cocktail.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 853

Users who are viewing this thread