Where to buy anti-rattle clips?

2003SLVRSNAKE

Established Member
Hey guys,
I change my brake pads about a week ago. Now, I have a terrible sound coming from my wheel. The sound stop when the brakes are pressed.
I searched the site and realize I don't have these clips. I checked all the local part stores and no one has them. I also tried NAPA website.
Do anyone know where I can buy these clips?

Thanks!

Volatile

Destroyer of Alternators
Established Member
I had this problem as well and just bought a brake hardware kit for my car at Autozone. I don't think you can just get clips. Figured I might as well replace the other crap too while I was at it.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
NAPA also sells them, but you might have to buy them as a kit with the slider pins.

Jefe

Established Member
Which pads? Is it a metal to metal tapping over bumps in the road?

03mgtermi

Established Member
i did the brakes on mine not too long ago because i had the same problem with mine making that same noise. autozone didnt have the clips in the hardware kit but a set of them came with my motorcraft brake pads purchased at the dealer parts depot. $105 for pads, $8 hardware, $15 rotors turned at o'reilley's

R3dn3k Flyby

Vivid Racing
Established Member
+1 on Napa for the anti-rattle kit.

NAPAONLINE®

I put Brembo rotors and pads on my car a couple months ago and had a nasty noise any time I hit even the slightest bump. Fixed my problem.

I think I paid $12 in store.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
+1 on Napa for the anti-rattle kit.

NAPAONLINE®

I put Brembo rotors and pads on my car a couple months ago and had a nasty noise any time I hit even the slightest bump. Fixed my problem.

I think I paid $12 in store.

So these are the same ones from the dealer, or get the job done?

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
I ordered mine from Steve at Tousley Ford for $20, (800) 328-9552. Motorcraft# BRPK5610 which includes anti-rattle clips for the front pads (four), and two slider pins with e-clips.

2003SLVRSNAKE

Established Member
I need these today. I can't wait for online orders and shipment. I just order the kit online at Autozone.com. I can pick it up at the store.

I picked the kit from Autozone. The clips are not in the package. I knew I shoulda order from NAPA.

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Front pads, it's tapping all the damn time not just over bumps. The only time it stops when I pressed the brakes. a loud thumping and rattling, seems like the wheel is about to fall off.

Im having the same problem. I know I have the pins with the c clips and I couldve sworn I already have these rattle clips but maybe I only have 2 or something...Do 2 go on the back pad as well? Wondering If I can tell just by looking....

628014.jpg

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
Im having the same problem. I know I have the pins with the c clips and I couldve sworn I already have these rattle clips but maybe I only have 2 or something...Do 2 go on the back pad as well? Wondering If I can tell just by looking....

628014.jpg

Four pads on the front brakes, one ant-rattle clip per pad.

R3dn3k Flyby

Vivid Racing
Established Member
So these are the same ones from the dealer, or get the job done?

No idea if they're the same ones you get from the dealer, but they get the job done.

Did my Brembo rotors/pads and had a lot of rattle. Installed anti-rattle kit from Napa. Now I've got no rattle. :beer:

Side note, Napa didn't have them in stock, but got them in by the next morning, so it should only be a 1 day wait for them.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
No idea if they're the same ones you get from the dealer, but they get the job done.

Did my Brembo rotors/pads and had a lot of rattle. Installed anti-rattle kit from Napa. Now I've got no rattle. :beer:

Side note, Napa didn't have them in stock, but got them in by the next morning, so it should only be a 1 day wait for them.

Good to know...

2003SLVRSNAKE

Established Member
R3dn3k Flyby, thanks for the NAPA link. I ordered the kit online Monday. They shipped Tuesday. I received it Friday. Put the kit on this Sat. morning. No rattle, thumbing or tapping. :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread