Where to buy a KB?

StangGt00

Supporting the GWOT, USN!
Established Member
I am looking for a reputable dealer who sells the KB blower at the best price. Has anyone seen this anywhere? Thanks in advance. I know KB lists them for $3700. Hoping to spend a little less.

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
a new KB for a 2v GT just came out within the past...month?...and i think the kit with intercooler and lovely stuff is like 5k...but it is a completely bad ass blower...makes like 430ish with mild mods and 8 psi

StangGt00

Established Member
No intercooler, going on full race ported heads with race cams and everything else bolted on besides the upper intake, which the KB will become. KB is listing it on their site for 3700 non intercooled. I want to be just under what the stock drive train can handle for an extended period of time. This is what I am looking for. Also, I havent seen it on Ebay yet.

StangGt00

Established Member
I thought centrifigals were the ones to worry about? Think it will be bad? I will be buying a low boost kit which is going to create less boost, so to speak, on the gauge cause of the race ported heads and cams. My heads dont have the resistance that unported heads have.

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
yeah but cent. blowers arent physically on the motor like a pos disp is...its sitting right on top of it. Thats why the Blowers on the 03 become inneficient (sp) after so much boost and hp..ect...and they are intercooled.i would def go with an intercooler if your gonna get a pos disp. its almost as bad as the heat produced by a turbo. Not quite...but its the main reason you put an intercooler on the turbo. Youd be blowing plain hot air into the engine if ya did that. You could get an ati procharger if you want intercooled boost from a centri. for the same price as the rest of the normal blowers...about 3600 or such

Last edited:

StangGt00

Established Member
Ok, so a 6# intercooled kit would probably put me into the upper range of what the stock bottom end, trans and rear can handle safely, right? Approx 400-425 RWHP? Thats all I want anyway, atleast till I pay the car off and build the rest of it to match.

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
i wouldnt let the tourque or hp get much over 400...the 6 pound kit with intercooler should keep you under 400...the 8 pound with intercooler should produce about 430 i believe

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
just get a safe tune if you get that 8# kit...get it tuned below 400 to be on the safe side...and when you get a good block...let her rip with a killer tune and smaller pulley :thumbsup: if you want a block first...i know a place in atlanta...heh...who will build you a good shortblock with forged pistons rods and a cobra crank...that will hold about 650 at the wheels :D

StangGt00

Established Member
The guy at that shop I talked to said the custom chip it comes with is about as good as its gonna get. He said they tried to improve on it with a custom burn but could only get 3 more hp out of it with their chip on an 03 cobra. Well, I guess I will have some U/D pullies and a Diablo chip for sale here shortly. He also said 8#'s will put me right at about 400 so I have found my answer. Although its only going to read about 6 on the gauge cause of my race ported heads. Well, it should be pretty damn sweet. Let's see how it works.

StangGt00

Established Member
I know of several people running a lil more than 400 on stock internals and have had zero problems. I will forge it later on, it's just not in the credit limit, I mean budget right now :D

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
just be careful...they are lucky since they are runnin over 400...it seems to be the threshold. you should be pushin more than 400 since your heads are ported with the 8 pound kit :thumbsup: they tested it on a stock gt and it put over 400 :thumbsup:

StangGt00

Established Member
acutally, I thought the same thing. The place I called said it didnt make a diff power wise with full race ports. The average was 12 hp per lb of boost

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
and if you have 8 lbs of boost...and 12 extra hp per pound...thats 96 extra hp than normal right??? ::scratches head:: that didnt make sense....not flaming...

StangGt00

Established Member
I didnt say it, just repeating it. Didnt seem right to me either, but who am I to argue. Im just gonna order the damn thing and be done with it.

Users who are viewing this thread