WHERE TO BUY 2.93 L PULLEY

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
I am looking to buy this pulley. Quoted $195 through SFP. Thats a little steep for such a cheap part to make.

Any others sell this product? I want to make a comparison.

Thanks!

:beer:

mosconiac

Established Member
From NLOC (kinda old, but worth checking out)...

JJ's SVT: "I am proud to announce that JJ's SVT will have available soon , 30 brand new Stock size Lightning upper pullies. The quantity has allowed me to drop price, and Lightning owners keep reading for a special offer for you guys as well.

For you 03 Cobra owners wanting 3lbs of extra boost, this is the ticket!!

I am going to offer them for $90 a piece or $125 in kit form.

The kit will include instructions as well as the anerobic sealer for the snout and the correct amount of supercharger fluid.

I always recommend removing the snout and having the pulley pressed on after the old one is pressed off, it is much easier and doesnt require a tool that might break off in the shaft of the blower.
"

http://www.nloc.net./forum/showthread.php?threadid=23018

Have Fun, Mosconiac

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Me personally I would go with the SFPHQ design. The interchangeable set up is great. Also Terry from SFPHQ has been working on the Eaton Blowers for many years now and I have more confidence in him and JDM than the other pulley manufacturers out there. " You can take a shit in a box and stamped guarenteed on it and all you'll have is a guarenteed piece of shit. But, with SFPHQ and JDM's parts you have quality parts that are built to last". Had to throw that in there. And $195 for the interchangeable kit that will make you 50hp you cant go wrong. $195=50hp=awesome deal. Black03

Silver 03 Cobra

SFP's setup is interchangeable. It has a hub that is pressed on the blower shaft and then the pulley is attached with four screws. I just ordered a 2.80 pulley that I will only use at the track. I have the 2.93 for street driving. When I get to the track I can change the pulley out in 2 minutes. That's the whole purpose behind this system. You have flexibility. If you have ever pulled a pulley it is something you don't want to do very often. You get a little queezy when you're pullling on an 03 blower anyway. It is worth every dang penny. It is also very good quality.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
Everything I read says something different.

One says its ok to pull the pulley off but you have to use a special puller.

Another says you MUST/SHOULD remove the snout and use a press.

Totally confused. Is the puller from SF ok to use?

What about putting on the new one. Do you have to "PRESS" the new one on?

Should I go to a special place and have this done?

Can some guy in a speed shop who's done 4 Cobra's already who claims to have bought the "expensive puller" ok to do this work?

From another thing I read, it said you MUST go through EATON because they have the special press machine you MUST use or else you will/can damage your bearings...

This SUX!

I'm now getting too paranoid to do the mod.

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
I would go with a upper interchangeable setup so that you can go with a variety of different sizes for boost and whatever you feel comfortable with!

Last edited:

i8u

Established Member
As a side note....I found a goodyear gatorback belt #4080740 for $28. Everyone else is asking approximately $40. :beer:

jtfx6552

Established Member
Rick at Amazon Racing has pulley's (uppers AND lowers) and the removal/install tool, too.

JT

Users who are viewing this thread