Where to begin.. started to clay/polish/wax, then backed into a car.

coyoteugly5.0

Established Member
So, today I washed, dried, and clayed my car. I had the front of it in the garage out of the son and started polishing on the hood and fenders using a cheap 6" autozone buffer. I was going to do the entire car, but when I buffed the polish off, I startred to back down the driveway to put the back of the car in the garage. Unaware my girl had parked right behind me. I brushed to corner of my rear bumper onto the corner of hers.

Discouraged, I never even finished polishing the car, and never began waxing. What am I to do? From everything I read, I''m going to need to remove the bumper and get it repainted and put back on. How much Is this going to cost? I'm going to end up needing to do hers and mine. While I'm at it, I might as well spray the front bumper too since it chipped and has road rash..

Is there an easier way? Can I just fill it with something and spray it? Its mostly 3 small spots, probably not even quarter sized. I cant just buy a color matching spray can paint or touch up and sand and polish to shine?

PS: While I'm at it, I noticed the claying processed seemed to have worked, but the polishing didn't take out the fine cracks/swirls in the clear? I think its the buffer.. Do I need to purchase a real deal buffer?

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
as far as the bumper repair costs, should be around 400-650 depending on labor rates in your area. If it has 3 small quarter sized damaged areas on the corner of the bumper as you described, I would figure about 3 hrs repair plus r&i, and refinish time. Bumpers are easy to repair, but if you have not done it before get a body shop to do it for you. Just r&i the bumper and take it to the shop to save a hundred bucks on the repair cost. Post up pics of the bumper so I can see how bad it really is.

As far as the buffer is concerned most weekend warriors can get away with the PC as a solid entry level + machine. Hell a bunch of pros use the PC too.

Last edited:

coyoteugly5.0

Established Member
GetAttachment.aspx

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
as far as the bumper repair costs, should be around 400-650 depending on labor rates in your area
+1

As far as the buffer is concerned most weekend warriors can get away with the PC as a solid entry level + machine. Hell a bunch of pros use the PC too.
+1

Users who are viewing this thread