Where Should I start?

CVR98GT

Audiophile Poster
Established Member
I am new to the board and my Mustang. 1998 GT Auto (unfortunately).

I have heard a few different things about what is good and not, but I figure the guys who own the cars probably know best. I am not necesarily looking for HP, just fast acceleration (I know, they are very related). But if there are other ways such as gears or anything like that I am open. The car is bone stock now....What do you think?

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
The first thing you need to do is invest in the PI heads. Those are the 99+ heads. The 96-98 heads are awful, no offense. You can find the heads for $500 or so, the PI intake is pretty cheap and I doubt stock PI cams will cost you much. For $1500-$2000 you can pick up 50rwhp and any bolt ons after that will net you a lot more power or...quick acceleration.

CVR98GT

Audiophile Poster
Established Member
Is there a good place to get that stuff online, or is my best bet to just look around scrap yards...

CVR98GT

Audiophile Poster
Established Member
When I am ready, what are the big differences between H pipe and X pipe. Also, are any of the mods like the PI swap going to cause problems If I add a supercharger (Kenne Bell)?

Candace 02 GT

Established Member
There's really no big difference between H and X. The sound is a little different. I've heard that an H pipe is better for a blown car, but I'm not sure if that's true.

I have an H pipe on my NA GT because I like the sound better.

Users who are viewing this thread