Where should I move to for College?

TVLA147

Established Member
hey guys, I'm new to posting, but have been lurking for awhile now. I'm looking to go to college down south and currently live in Vermont. So far, I've looked at University of North Carolina at Charlotte and want to go visit University of Virginia. I really liked charlotte and want to do something in the business aspect of the automotive field. It seemed like they had a lot of nice cars, some decent tracks, and a lot of things to do. I noticed there is a lot of activity and a lot of people here from VA too. Just looking to get some more info on the car scene down in North Carolina and Virginia area. Thanks!

Mayo5

Established Member
Goodluck getting into UNC since you are from Out of state. Unless your ACT is over 30 and your gpa is good, I would doubt it.

Mayo5

Established Member
I'm doing well, I have over a 4.0, and am 6th out of 254 in my class...

Ok. Good luck. The school is insanely expensive too. I would go there if given the opportunity. The top public business school in the nation and an amazing campus.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I'm confused...you said south and virginia in the same sentence. You are simply wanting to move less North.

You couldn't handle the real South.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Come to Maryland's Eastern Shore, it's near the beach and the bay, you can even go to Harvard...Harvard Community College that is.

txyaloo

Established Member
I'm going to UNCC in the fall, and I didn't think it was that hard to get into.:shrug:

I'm thinking he meant UNC Chapel Hill. Plus, you can't compare instate with out of state admissions. They have different requirements.

Ok. Good luck. The school is insanely expensive too. I would go there if given the opportunity. The top public business school in the nation and an amazing campus.

Since when? UNCC isn't even in the top 50. UNC Chapel Hill is #14 and not the top public business school.

fa110ut

Established Member
I'm thinking he meant UNC Chapel Hill.

He meant UNC Charlotte. :p

UNCC = UNC Charlotte. The mother school is just UNC.

OP, I can't directly comment on the car scene in Charlotte, but in general things around here (Raleigh) died down significantly after some huge bust in Charlotte a few years ago. The enforcement started there and moved up, pretty much ending the random parking lot meet-ups.

However, I know there are a local car clubs. My buddy belongs to a VW/Audi club that meets at least weekly and he seems to have a good time. They take big road trips for shows whenever possible. Point is, the organized clubs exist -- you just have to look for them.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
If you are a car enthusiast, stay away from Northern VA/ DC area. I want to kill myself everytime I drive b/c of the traffic here...and I normally enjoy driving.

endless381

Established Member
I know alot of people that have went to UNCC an they liked the school alot!

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
OP, if you are basing a decision this important on the car scene you are a fool. You say you want to do something automotive...where you go depends on what you mean by this statement. Do you want a good business school to learn to run your own business? Possibly a school that offers an entrepreurship major/minor? When you say automotive do you mean hands on mechanical stuff? You need to do your homework and research institutions that offer a course of study that matches your interests...not base your decision on the local car scene.

You've got your whole life ahead of you, don't become part of the retention problem at a college/university because you haven't developed an understanding about how to make this decision. You're bound to end up in debt with nothing to show for it.

Just my $.02

Users who are viewing this thread