Where should I buy X4 from?

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I'm looking to pick up an SCT X4 from somewhere via a Black Friday sale this coming weekend, where is the best place to pick one up from? My car is mildly modified (will be installing MAC longtubes over my Xmas vacation time, already has catted x-pipe, Magnaflow cat-back, & JLT cold air), so should I be looking to buy from somewhere like American Muscle where the custom tunes from Bama are included in the price, or does buying from a vendor that doesn't include "tunes for life" not really matter? I know the tuner comes with preloaded performance tunes, but I assume those are only for improving on a stock vehicle, correct? I just don't want to buy the tuner and then have to shell out extra for a tune to match my bolt-ons if I don't have to.

If someone can give me a Cliff Notes explanation, I'd appreciate it. Am going to pull the trigger on one this Friday.

Thanks, and sorry for the noob questions.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
I'm looking to pick up an SCT X4 from somewhere via a Black Friday sale this coming weekend, where is the best place to pick one up from? My car is mildly modified (will be installing MAC longtubes over my Xmas vacation time, already has catted x-pipe, Magnaflow cat-back, & JLT cold air), so should I be looking to buy from somewhere like American Muscle where the custom tunes from Bama are included in the price, or does buying from a vendor that doesn't include "tunes for life" not really matter? I know the tuner comes with preloaded performance tunes, but I assume those are only for improving on a stock vehicle, correct? I just don't want to buy the tuner and then have to shell out extra for a tune to match my bolt-ons if I don't have to.

If someone can give me a Cliff Notes explanation, I'd appreciate it. Am going to pull the trigger on one this Friday.

Thanks, and sorry for the noob questions.

Soccer-I'm more than happy to set you up with a killer quote for your Cobra! Shoot me a PM and I'll have it sent over right now! One of our tuners has almost identical mods on his Cobra and I can have him personally tune yours! He knows how to make power!

-Alex

Users who are viewing this thread