Where is the TT 01 Cobra

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Man I am pissed...

Where is the thread that has the 2001 true blue cobra with 03 Exterior mods!?!?!? It had a twin turbo setup that was tucked away beautifully!!! I want to show my buddy but I cant FIND IT!!

Someone plz help... ive been searching for an hour...

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Who makes that turbo setup? That is one of the smoothest setups I have ever seen. Now WE MUST HAVE VIDS!!!!!!!!please!

JustA6Cyl

Established Member
I hope he has a tranny cooler i bet it gets awful hot with those next to it, if you heard the car on the street it would be dead obvious though, he has no back pressure what so ever to those turbos, they spool up fast and make an obvious turbo sound.

Deadly quick, Very mean

I bet he makes tons of races with the car off and hood open.

i guess he will X pipe it when emissions come around?:shrug:

to pass i would put 4 cats on.

AHD

Established Member
Depends upon where the car will be registered. If he keeps it in florida, we don't have emissions. California, will be another story. Manual trans, don't have a cooler.

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
I doubt he runs open headers on the street fellas... That looks like an 'in the build stage' picture...

Whitten I think that Turbo setup is an X2C production! The vid is on their site I believe...

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Hey Sam any way you can link me to the site? I have no clue what X2C is or maybe I am just down on my knowledge for the time being.

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
eek2.gif
eek2.gif
eek2.gif

boostfreak07

Established Member
X2C did not design nor did they have anything to do with this TT cobra. X2C is a single turbo fabricator and unfortunately single turbos here in kalifornia are non emissions legal.

This twin setup is somewhat emissions legal, it retains the factory 02 sensor locations just like the old Incon TT kits did which are the only TT kit to possess a CARB # making it california emissions legal.

Jake Lamotta is the custom fabricator and has been creating stealth TT kits for various stangs throughout the years. I believe he is also one of the guys Incon used to design the manifolds for their TT kits before going chapter 11. If you have ever seen the manifolds off the car, the turbine is literally inches away from the exhaust ports on the heads so instant spool is the result. He also uses Garrett GT35's which are "top notch" instead of using a hybrid built by a second hand turbo shop, only down side is the gt35's are $$$$$$$$$$$$ and what make this a $10,000 kit. They start making boost down low and unlike some other turbos out there, they continue making boost in to the higher rpms & do not fall flat.

The best stealth setup would be taking an 03/04, gutting the eaton, installing the belt guard so no one sees there is no belt driving it & using this TT setup. Everyone would assume it's an eaton cobra, however it would pack more punch then any eaton is capable of. No flames please :) The eaton is nice at low boost, but something tells me the heaton does not make 620rwhp on 11psi of boost :)

I realize the TT thing is not for everyone and many would ask why take an SC car & convert it to a TT, but there are advantages to TT beyond super high hp applications. Boost mapping dependent on speed & gear or rpm i.e 5psi until 40mph, 10psi until 70, 15psi until 90 etc... This ensures you can actually put the power to the ground instead of 15psi at launch which equals no traction whatsoever.....at least on the street.

Some people like to arrive at the end destination with a different method then others, so I respect the TT just as much as the KB & soon to be Works cobras.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Great info man, looks like Lamottas' shop is down in Longwood FL a suburb right outside of Orlando. Thanks for the info, it was very interesting.

Wildcard

Established Member
I'd love to have a turbo stang. But i didn't want the hassle of Smog here in Cali, so I just went with a build block and a Vortech- proven power.

wtpSVTkh01

Established Member
that thing is bad ass. that would be one hell of a sleeper if you do what boost freak said. that car alone would suprise me if i saw it on the street. i would love to see a video fo that beast.

The twin set-up was clean but it did not even come close to making the power of the single X2C 76mm kit, neither kit would be legal in CA, even though our kit kept the 02 sensors and all factory sensors.

Users who are viewing this thread