Where is the stimulas going?

bfoley

Established Member
Unbelievable..

Stimulus Watch: Keeping an Eye on Economic Recovery Spending

Sample one that needs to be ejected.

Forks of the Road Heritage Trail. This project would greatly enhance one of the primary gateways to our city by creating an African American/Ethnic Heritage Trail along a stretch of St. Catherine Street between the Forks of the Road Slave Market Site

Where
Natchez MS

Jobs it will create? 65

Cost? $600,000,000

THE_STIG

Established Member
This insane government spending makes me sick. If they are going to spend money, give it to the military.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
ugh, i still dont see why government needs to try to control/fix the economy, thats not their job.

leave it alone, let it fix itself. Just like Great Depression, government packages only helped delay the rebound, not help it.

baginoman

Mind over Matter
Established Member
Gov shouldn't be giving out money, they should be cutting taxes. Thats the way you stimulate the economy. We've done it in past recessions, and its always worked...hope this somehow works though

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
Gov shouldn't be giving out money, they should be cutting taxes. Thats the way you stimulate the economy. We've done it in past recessions, and its always worked...hope this somehow works though

What you mean high taxes do not work? Hmmm. If only the disgraceful scum that run your state would realize that. You fine folks are raped and robbed and pillaged more than anyone and yet California is still 44 billion in the hole. We have a similar situation in Michigan.

MoreBoostPlease

Lifted and Boosted
Established Member
ugh, i still dont see why government needs to try to control/fix the economy, thats not their job.

leave it alone, let it fix itself. Just like Great Depression, government packages only helped delay the rebound, not help it.

X2. It WILL self correct,......if you let it. Let's teach people the hard way to live well below their means. If my fiance and I were both laid off, we'd be able to use our savings to pay our bills for 1 year.(we could technically pay bills for much longer, but I'd never touch our retirement savings) The only debt we carry is a mortgage...everything else gets paid for in full at the time of purchase. If we don't have the money for a fancy dinner or new tv or exciting vacation, guess what,....we say "oh well". I'm not about to rack up credit card debt or loans to have "stuff".

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Fyi...

stimulus watch said:
these projects are not part of the stimulus bill. They are candidates for funding by federal grant programs once the bill passes.

With that said, there are some ridiculous request in there. It shows how little our elected officials actually listen to their constituency or stay true to campaign promises. Corruption from top to bottom.

Last edited:

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
I can't believe some of the numbers for the projects. I looked at several projects in my area and the numbers seem grossly inflated.

Robert Francis

Established Member
As I recall these are the projects "'submitted" by the states and many won't get approved. My state (Michigan) has one of the highest numbers of projects submitted with a value of about 95 billion according to our governor, who has already stated that most will never happen as we're only going to get about 8.5 billion to spend on these type of projects.

CosworthRS

DemonicGraphix
Established Member
How much you want to bet that majority of these contruction jobs will be given to illegals, who will do nothing to stimulate our economy?

Users who are viewing this thread