where is JOE'S TTGT ???

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
There was a recent video of it dynoing with the new stroker setup, upgraded fuel system, and of course more boost. I don't know if they changed anything with the turbo setup but the car dynoed well over 1300whp without nitrous in the preliminary runs. If someone has the vid post up.

Sonic03inSC

Established Member
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7f937f96-d910-49fd-9e9e-987e0188f15b.htm

http://www.stage6motorsports.com/s6_07_projects_fordgt_01.html
Engine Specifications
- 5.4 Liter V8
- DOHC 4 valves per cylinder
- Carrillo Rods, CP Pistons
- Ported Heads
- 95mm Throttle Body

Drivetrain
- Stock 6-speed Manual
- Spec Twin Disc Clutch

Custom Twin Turbo System
- 2 Garret GT4067R Turbos
- 2 Tial 44mm V-Band Wastegates
- Custom Stainless Up-pipes
- Custom Stainless Down-pipes
- Tial 50mm Blow Off Valve
- Custom Upper Intake Manifold
- Polished Aluminum Filter Piping
- Stainless Oil Supply Lines
- Stainless Return Lines
- Super High Flow Air Filter and MAF

Performance
- Horsepower: 1,453 WHP
- Torque: 1,250 WTQ

stvpee

Established Member
he has it in his garage at his house, just got it back not too long ago, i spoke with him the other day, and he says the car is making the most power it has ever made. He broke the built forged crank in the motor Al papito built him. It was sent off and re-done with better parts this time. His has been focusing on his new project a Buggatti Veyron. The Buggatti already has an ECU upgrade and pumping 1200hp. Plans for bigger turbos are in the works : )

Fourcam330

Established Member
Thats not the first i have seen of a mod motor crank breaking. My buddy has a built lightning and broke a JDM crank rated to 1000 horsepower.

Not sure what JDM does to a stock forged crank but I don't see how they can make it stronger (unless they cryo it).
Regardless it sounds like a quality control issue more than anything. Forged 5.4 cranks are basically identical to forged 4.6 cranks less the center counterweights which they (forged 5.4 cranks) lack. Both stock 4.6 and 5.4 cranks have been used past 1400HP successfully by more than a few people.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
It's all part of R&D and pushing the performance envelope.

These things happen. Basically any street car pushing over 1k is on barrowed time anyway. The chances of you ever seeing 50k miles, or even 25k pushing that kind of power is probably pretty small, unless you never go WOT.

Users who are viewing this thread