Where is everyone???

blu88notch

Established Member
Greetings from Ontario....

Hello lads!
Good to see some fellow Canucks. I don't own an SVT but some day I'd like to pick up one of those nasty 03/04's. My fox notch will keep me smiling in the meantime.
I grew up in edmonton so I know all about those -30 temps LOL......

blk89SC

Do work
Established Member
any of you from vancouver do the langley java hut scene? usually friday nights, saturday nights around 10pm ish people gather there, no rice, just muscle.

Black04Cobra

Established Member
Also from vancouver, I try to get up to mission and out to JH during the summer. Maybe next summer will be better, missed 2 month due to a wee hole in a piston. Hope to see all you others around.

KOOY

Established Member
TechRTM said:
Vancouver Here! where's everyone from Back East?
some of them are probably busy with digging out from home, I guess.
He, blk89sc. what is the java hut scene about and where is the java hut. what time? might go there to meet some new friends after Missiom this spring. :beer:

XtremeAceX

Established Member
Yea that would be awesome, and no, no mods yet...too early to void the warranty :D lol...soon tho i hope, also since the new KB is out.

EDIT: also where abouts in calgary is everyone from? I just moved up to scenic acres right between Canada Olympic Park and the Crowfoot Shopping Centre

Last edited:

04torchred

Established Member
XtremeAceX said:
Yea that would be awesome, and no, no mods yet...too early to void the warranty :D lol...soon tho i hope, also since the new KB is out.

EDIT: also where abouts in calgary is everyone from? I just moved up to scenic acres right between Canada Olympic Park and the Crowfoot Shopping Centre

I am out in Airdrie. Living at home while going to University. Hence the only mod I have so far is a catback since funds are tighter then a nun's you know what. If you wanna hear the Stingers sometime let me know.

Would you be interested in buying a JLT cold air kit, maybe I can ask Jay if he can give us a little better deal since they would all be shipped up here to Calgary. Maybe Shadowfax will want in. Let me know, cause I am going to buy one this summer regardless.

My little brother has a 2003 Black Mach 1 by the way so he is always up for meeting people as well.

EDIT: You are totally safe with just a catback and I think the Cold air kits are fine too. Touch the computer and you are getting a little risky with the warranty. You will enjoy the car more with a catback(sounds so much better) and can feel it pull harder up top.

Last edited:

XtremeAceX

Established Member
04torchred said:
I am out in Airdrie. Living at home while going to University. Hence the only mod I have so far is a catback since funds are tighter then a nun's you know what. If you wanna hear the Stingers sometime let me know.

Would you be interested in buying a JLT cold air kit, maybe I can ask Jay if he can give us a little better deal since they would all be shipped up here to Calgary. Maybe Shadowfax will want in. Let me know, cause I am going to buy one this summer regardless.

My little brother has a 2003 Black Mach 1 by the way so he is always up for meeting people as well.

EDIT: You are totally safe with just a catback and I think the Cold air kits are fine too. Touch the computer and you are getting a little risky with the warranty. You will enjoy the car more with a catback(sounds so much better) and can feel it pull harder up top.

That'd be cool if i could hear it, cause im still bouncin a lil bit between the different catbacks, lately i've been leaning mostly towards bassani. It's drivin me crazy havin the cobra garaged up for the winter lol. Im sure the Kenne Bell would void the warranty. I was thinkin i would look into it a bunch and see what could be done for now without voiding it.

Also is it true the CAI amplifies the supercharger whine?

Last edited:

04torchred

Established Member
XtremeAceX said:
That'd be cool if i could hear it, cause im still bouncin a lil bit between the different catbacks, lately i've been leaning mostly towards bassani. It's drivin me crazy havin the cobra garaged up for the winter lol. Im sure the Kenne Bell would void the warranty. I was thinkin i would look into it a bunch and see what could be done for now without voiding it.

Also is it true the CAI amplifies the supercharger whine?

Kennebelle = No Warranty for sure.

Yeah the CAI will make it whine louder, plus you will pick up around 20rwhp. I think the Bassani is too expensive, but if you really like the exotic sound then get it for sure. The Stingers are deep so they maybe too much for a vert if you like a mild exhaust, but they do sound good. I don't think they are too loud, but I came from an S-10 with a 383.

I got a midterm tomorrow, but we could meet up sometime this week and you can hear the car. Until I have 450rwhp the car is going to get driven rain or snow, I like it too damn much. Let me know if you are interested in the JLT and I will ask Tucker if he is willing to do something for us Canadians. The fenderwell CAI are the way to go I think cause they keep your intake air temps down. Don't really want to be idling in traffic and heating up the engine compartment and then sucking that hot air in when you wanna get on it right away.

XtremeAceX

Established Member
04torchred said:
Kennebelle = No Warranty for sure.

Yeah the CAI will make it whine louder, plus you will pick up around 20rwhp. I think the Bassani is too expensive, but if you really like the exotic sound then get it for sure. The Stingers are deep so they maybe too much for a vert if you like a mild exhaust, but they do sound good. I don't think they are too loud, but I came from an S-10 with a 383.

I got a midterm tomorrow, but we could meet up sometime this week and you can hear the car. Until I have 450rwhp the car is going to get driven rain or snow, I like it too damn much. Let me know if you are interested in the JLT and I will ask Tucker if he is willing to do something for us Canadians. The fenderwell CAI are the way to go I think cause they keep your intake air temps down. Don't really want to be idling in traffic and heating up the engine compartment and then sucking that hot air in when you wanna get on it right away.

about the CAI, what would the price be around? cause i'd definately be interested

Last edited:

04torchred

Established Member
XtremeAceX said:
about the CAI, what would the price be around? cause i'd definately be interested

Well here is a link to the website:
http://www.jlttruecoldair.com/Products.htm

It will depend on what style you want. The CAI is $175 in color plus filter and MAF adaptor so $230 US. The RAI is $80 plus filter, MAF adaptor for total of $135(this one is open to engine heat though). They are a little expensive, but his stuff is nice and they make really nice gains. If you want to ask him some questions in depth his name is Tucker on SVTperformance and also on Modularfords.com. I will shoot him a PM on modularfords right now and ask him if he can do a deal for us. When would you want to get it by? I was planning on waiting till I got some income tax money back.

Let me see what he can do and then I will PM you and see if you are still interested. He is a super nice guy so drop him a PM and ask him some questions if you have any.

Schyler

KOOY

Established Member
hello, XtremeAceX and 04torchred, How is the SVTOA event there? thinking maybe I can drive there sometimes.

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
Montreal.

I know a few guys around here with Cobras. Most of them are cool enough to recognize a fellow owner and usually stop and chat about the car. I've also met a few a$$es but that's to be expected. We represent Cobras pretty well around here. There's a nice yellow vert that goes mod 11s and he's also a member here. Cool guy.

04torchred

Established Member
KOOY said:
hello, XtremeAceX and 04torchred, How is the SVTOA event there? thinking maybe I can drive there sometimes.

Just got the car so I haven't had a chance to go to any yet. I hope they are okay!

Users who are viewing this thread