Where is crankshaft position sensor located ?

bobbystang

Hsssssss
Established Member
Hey guys, where is the crankshaft position sensor located? From what I have read it's on the passenger side of the car by the timing cover is that correct? And I have a pro charger in my car will that get in the way of getting to it and since I can't see it by opening the hood do I have to lift up my car to get to it or am I blind? And will I be able to with the procharger?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Procharger won’t be in the way. It can Ben hard to make out from the top with the charge pipe, coolant hoses etc... in the way

Having the front end up will be the easiest way to get to it

01yellercobra

Established Member
It's down on the bottom, by the crank. You might have to remove the A/C condenser to get it out.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

bobbystang

Hsssssss
Established Member
I just lifted up my car and I saw the part and is the AC condenser the part that's right next to it? If so is there anyway to get this out without taking the AC condenser off next to it? The bolt and part are too long in that small gap to pull this part and screw out. Or is there a way?please lmk asap ty guys!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

01yellercobra

Established Member
That's the compressor. The condenser is in front of the radiator. And I don't think there's a way to get it out without moving the compressor. The bright side is that the compressor drops easily after removing the belt and the three mounting bolts.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
That's the compressor. The condenser is in front of the radiator. And I don't think there's a way to get it out without moving the compressor. The bright side is that the compressor drops easily after removing the belt and the three mounting bolts.

if it does have to be removed just a put a milk crate or something under there, theres enough slack in the lines to move it around a bit (may help to unbolt the little black canister by the ABS module to get a little more slack). Balancing it in one hand and starting the bolts with the other can suck a bit when putting it back but its doable

Users who are viewing this thread