Where happened to......

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
....the Street Racing in Philly. I've been up there the last 2 weekends and there was nothing. I know it has been cold but come on!
I usually patrol Holstein, Essington, 71st, Front and Delaware Ave.....Nothing!!!! :shrug:

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
I know street racing is bad and we shouldn't do it. I don't go to race, just watch. It just seems funny that it has gone on for years and years and years and now it has stopped or has moved elsewhere.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Its still there... late friday and saturday nights... I think there are a few that meet on delaware ave....

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
The cops have come down hard on it in the last couple years. I remember when cars were being trailored there. There is a funny vid on streetfire of a huge bust in philly from 2 years ago. They got way over 100 cars surrounded and handed tickets out as they left. The guy taking the vid was a passenger in a car that went right through the police barricade and just punched it! You have to see the look on the cops faces as he just drives through the barricade. It still goes on but not like it use to.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Yeah, there were a few big busts there over the summer. Its just not worth it to get a ticket or the car impounded..

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Not to many fast cars...last time I went down a couple guys told me not to bother running unless I was in the 11's. I wasn't planning on running but I was thinking "thats fast?"

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
The cops have come down hard on it in the last couple years. I remember when cars were being trailored there. There is a funny vid on streetfire of a huge bust in philly from 2 years ago. They got way over 100 cars surrounded and handed tickets out as they left. The guy taking the vid was a passenger in a car that went right through the police barricade and just punched it! You have to see the look on the cops faces as he just drives through the barricade. It still goes on but not like it use to.

That is so funny. I was up there that night, but was lucky enough not to be on Front St. when the cops blocked it off. I've seen the video too.

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
I remember even a few years back you could sit on the streets for at least an hour before the cops would come. There used to be many fast cars up there. I remember a few asian guys with 700 + hp. Supras in particular.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Yeah, its just a bunch of people driving like asses. Id be afraid of someone hitting me. Im sure there are much better spots to go.... If only I could get a PM telling me where.. :dw:

Sublimize23

Established Member
Yeah there was another big bust over the summer. I've never raced in Philly but I've watched plenty of times and it is entertaining. Risky, but fun to watch the ricers nonetheless. Is there still a big scene in Newark?

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
Yeah there was another big bust over the summer. I've never raced in Philly but I've watched plenty of times and it is entertaining. Risky, but fun to watch the ricers nonetheless. Is there still a big scene in Newark?

Newark has fallen off too. Occasionally you might find a few guys out on Elkton Rd. :nonono:

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I find action down in Newark DE when I go. It isn't what is use to be.

Hey Sublimze, I go to WCU. Was that picture taken in their fire house?

Last edited:

Sublimize23

Established Member

The picture was taken at West Whiteland Township station 6. I ran there in high school and when I'm home for breaks. I'm born and raised in WC, but I go to school in Virginia now. How are you liking WCU?

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
It's alright, I transfered from Penn State to save money. WCU has a way higher girl to guy ratio than PSU but PSU had better professors.

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member

I lived here (in Newark, DE) for two years and still haven't seen any real racing. Lots of ricers around the college though.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread