Where does everyone park ??

98 Yeller' SVT

Perpetual bottle filler
Established Member
This might deem like a dumb question...but when you take your Stang' to the supermarket, to run errands, whatever....where do you park? I usually park illegally right in front of the store or if I cant do that I will park as far away from all the other dumba**es as I can and usually take 2 spots (my car has been hit and ran 3 times for a grand total of about $2000, so no lectures:nono: )
If the bacon tickets me, they ticket me. Am I the only person this fanatical????:shrug:

scothew_gt

Established Member
you arent the only crazy one. in teh parking deck at work, I park in the same spot every day and everyone else knows its my spot. Right beside these huge concrete barriers and on the other side is a nice size gap, then a co-worker always parks on the other side of the gap. If anything happens to my car, I know who to talk to :D

at places like wal-mart or teh grocery store, I try to park where the employee's park, usually on the side of the building. I figure the chances of those cars being moved while I am inside is alot less likely than a regular customer like myself.

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
She is always Garage kept and when I run errands or whatever I park way out there with the alarm on extra sensitive. Some people might think we're paranoid but I say F em -my car looks good and I want it to stay looking good. I ususally only drive it on the weekends and It gets washed very regularly.

Alex

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
I double park whenever I can and I make sure to stay away from shopping carts and their return spots.

I dont park next to junkers, either. You know those people just throw their doors open when getting in or out.:gt:

blk96SVT

Established Member
Mine is also garage kept. When I go to any store supermarket whatever, I always park away from the damn carts that are placed about the parking lot. Im usually good walking distance from the doors. But the kicker is when I get back to my car, there is always one or more cars in the area of my car, sometimes right next to it. I usually take up four of the spots (when I can) hoping that no jacka**es park next to me, but they always park next to me!!! Oh well, as long as they dont ding my doors up or anything. Later

Tim

love bandit2

Established Member
Parking is a science to me, and I think I've mastered it. I've never gotten a ding of my car from any doors. The trick is, park at the back of the parking lot with your car behind one of those concrete islands (on the side away from the store). That way the island will shield you from wandering shopping carts. The island also prevents a car from parking on one side of you. Preferably, you should have your passenger side facing the island, so if someone dings you, you can notice right away and have your revenge on the side of their car. Another reason to park with the island to the passeger side is because if a car parks next to you, chances are they won't have a passenger in the car, and therefore will not be using the passenger door to hit your car. Park as close to the island as possible, because usually the space is oddly shaped and is sometimes larger than the regular spaces, which gives the other cars more room to move their doors. If you absolutely HAVE to park in a crowded lot, do your best to park next to four door cars. Their doors are smaller and don't reach as far as coupes. Another rule: Never park next to oversized cars like crown vics, the old impalas, caprices, lincolns, cadillacs ect. These cars are often driven by the elderly. Some old people dont have much strength and just tend to let their doors fly. Sometimes the wind will catch their doors and send them barreling into the car next to them. Try not to park next to jeep wranglers. They don't have any resistance to stop their doors (they are simply on a hinge). And last but not least. AVOID THE CITY! Most cityfolk dont give two shits about cars. Never parallel park in the city, unless if you want scratches on your bumpers. If you have to go to the city, park in a garage and take public transportation. When you park don't leave anything valuable visible, including little things like spare change or CD's. My friends car got busted into for 10 CDs! And like someone else said, try to park next to other people with nice cars that are clean.

Yangman SVT

Established Member
My car is parked in the garage in th winter time but when its summer i always park as far away from the other cars.

Snaketamer

CAM-tastic
Established Member
This might deem like a dumb question...but when you take your Stang' to the supermarket, to run errands, whatever

SUPERMARKET....ERRANDS..... you've got to be joking. It's a Cobra vert. Won't find my car within a mile of a supermarket.:bash: Just kidding.;-) Actually, that's what I have a wife for.:beer: Drop her at the door and she runs in.:D

Greg

ZXnVS

Established Member
Both of your "techniques" seem a lot more likely to provoke someone to intentionally vandalize your car, to me. When I run errands I park as far away from the door as I can. Who else would park that far away?

I think you're asking for trouble taking up two spots or parking right in front of the doors. Someone's going to key your car, or worse.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
My Cobra gets parked at home, in the garage. Nowhere else! I'll just drive the L for errands. Owning 1 of 250 is cool, but it's also a major PITA sometimes. :shrug:

calmlikeabomb

Established Member
hell, when i park, i always try to park out in the boondocks.the only exception is when i have to drive it to class, in which case, the only parking that is available is out in east bumble.... But when that is the case, I usually park next to really expensive cars, or the cars that look the most taken care of. They seem to have the same respect I'd have for theirs. although i really like parking at my job, cuz our front row parking is huge! I dont have to worry about anyone hitting my car (so long as they dont park like an asshole. :thumbsup:

Pyro

Established Member
I park along a low traffic street right in front of the lobby of my building. This serves two purposes... No door dings AND my employees know I'm in the house!

Ram Rod

Got Truck?
Established Member
Originally posted by Snaketamer
SUPERMARKET....ERRANDS..... you've got to be joking. It's a Cobra vert. Won't find my car within a mile of a supermarket.:bash: Just kidding.;-) Actually, that's what I have a wife for.:beer: Drop her at the door and she runs in.:D

Greg

Very Nice :thumbsup:

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Well my friends don't like me to take them on errands, cuz we end up walkin about a half-mile each way. I have to leave the poor girl outside in a college parking lot ( i wax her every other day, just to make it up to her) so I have my little parkin spot, I back her into a corner in the parking lot farthest away, with a good 3.5ft in between me and the other, on the weekends she sits out there all alone, I can occasionally be caught readin her bedtime stories. hehe- yes parking is a science

Badasp5.0

Established Member
Mine is garage kept...at the store it gets parked as far away from other car as possible...and at work luckily there is another 'stang guy there with a '01 GT that parks next to me every day.....

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Parking

Hey guys, those are some good parking techniques. I have found that parking way in the hell out by the street doesn't do much good, because some goober will be parked right NEXT to you when you come back! I used to park my '90 pickup like that, but gave up in frustration. I park my Cobra dead center in the slot, and hope for the best. I HAVE hidden it on occaision, but don't normally do it too often. Of course, my paint isn't nearly as nice and cherry as most Cobras, thanks to the SOB I bought it from. Well, that's another story [my own fault]. I remember coming out of an Office Max one time, and a gust of wind broke a cart loose that was on the side of a hill, and it SMACKED into the side of some poor slob's car very hard! I would have shit a brick if that happened to my Cobra - who you going to blame?

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread