Where do you work

FranticFocus05

Established Member
I spend most my time on this site in this area and I was just wondering....

LEO's only: Where do you all work, what departments, and how long have you been on the job? You guys are great with your answers and your helpfull advice keep it up!! :beer:

Arlington VA Sheriffs Office assistant, and I cant wait till I am 21 and can apply.

FranticFocus05

Established Member
Just tryin to figure out... I mean you all are great with helpin us with our problems just wondering what you all do or did..

State Police, Sheriffs, Patrol, Detective, SWAT, retired... I have alwasy wondered what you all do (I know your all LEOs or retired) but what departments.

FordSVTFan: you can just delete this if its a waste sorry... :??:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
There is no reason to delete it. I am sure most of the L.E.O.s here wont be specific in a public forum. Try PMing some people if you want specifics.

I can tell you we have four Feds from 3 different agencies. We have sheriff deputies and police officers. We have S.R.O.s, traffic officers, tactical officers, K-9 officers, State Troopers, Sgts and Lts. As well as one highly esteemed prosecuting atty who was a former LEO. We represent about 20 different states.

FranticFocus05

Established Member
SVTFan, your right I can understand why people woudlnt wana give specific locations wasent thinkin about taht earlier. Wasent interested in specifics just wanted to get an idea where everyone was coming from department wise.

From what you have said thats a pretty good number of you with a good spread. Well keep up the good work and stay safe.

jshen

Established Member
I was working in a comfy office...until the last week when I hacked off a [deleted] .....Now I think my office is being relocated to the "mens room".....Stall number 2.......

Last edited:

mvcrash

Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
There is no reason to delete it. I am sure most of the L.E.O.s here wont be specific in a public forum. Try PMing some people if you want specifics.

I can tell you we have four Feds from 3 different agencies. We have sheriff deputies and police officers. We have S.R.O.s, traffic officers, tactical officers, K-9 officers, State Troopers, Sgts and Lts. As well as one highly esteemed prosecuting atty who was a former LEO. We represent about 20 different states.

Hey, are we permitted to use the words "esteemed" and "Attorney" in the same sentence?

:banana:

Just figured I would start the "Lawyer" jokes.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
mvcrash said:
Hey, are we permitted to use the words "esteemed" and "Attorney" in the same sentence?

Permitted, yes!!! Encouraged, not really.

Except in the case of our favorite prosecutor. I put prosecutors, D.A.s and A.U.S.A.s in a different category than liars, oops I mean lawyers. :burnout:

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
lthlsnake said:
no way, thats so cool. I had to wait till 21 so i could be a reserve police officer
Yeppers. It was kinda odd being in the academy with some people who were only a year out of high school. Kinda funny, you have to be 21 to buy a handgun in this state, but 19 to be a LEO. :dw: lol

Last edited:

mav_tu

Established Member
Five4Rider said:
Yeppers. It was kinda odd being in the academy with some people who were only a year out of high school. Kinda funny, you have to be 21 to buy a handgun in this state, but 19 to be a LEO. :dw: lol
Yea, and what's funny about that is, now they have the gun, but mommy has to buy their practice ammo!! :D

jshen

Established Member
Love it!

mvcrash said:

:banana:

Just figured I would start the "Lawyer" jokes.

NOBODY loves lawyer jokes more than I do...The field deserves the reputation....I must admit..."esteemed" and "attorney" are oxymorons.. :lol: .I consider myself more LE with a bit of govt atty. I don't socialize with attorneys outside the prosecuting field, as one can never get their hands out of my pockets....I would rather socialize with LEOs at least I feel comfortable..

What do you call a lawyer who is brain damaged? a Judge.... :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

FranticFocus05

Established Member
jshen said:
What do you call a lawyer who is brain damaged? a Judge.... :lol: :lol:

HAHA that one made my day ten times better :lol:

Five4Rider said:
21?? Come on down to Florida, you can become a LEO at 19.

I wish man I am just hoping that I can keep working at the sheriffs office until then and just move between sections. Figure that will definatly help me get hired if I apply here or anywhere else they will like to see that I had spent the last 3 years working for a Sheriffs office.

Floridalawdog

Established Member
Five4Rider said:
21?? Come on down to Florida, you can become a LEO at 19. :thumbsup:
19 is only the minimum age. I have not seen many departments that will hire a 19 year old. My PD has hired a couple of 22 year olds that were very squared away. Other than that its usually 23-25 range, with military or college. Im not saying it wont happen, but it would def. be a rarity.

Joey D

Established Member
some places are 18 in nj like sheriffs dept's. most wont hire till your atleast 21. average age is 25 in academy. 21 here :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread