Where do you install the temp guage probe?

AUSTANG7958

03 TERMINATER VERT
Established Member
Hey guys i just ordered my Speed Hut svt temp guage and boost gauge. I had nv Autometer and just didnt like them. I had some one else install the nv's and the temp guage was hooked up on the cross over bar by the supercharger where it is suppose to be filled and burped from. Is this the correct place. I could not find any threads anywhere on it. please help!!! It got air in the line also from me fooling around with it and got a lill warm but that is another chapter. lol I researched that just need to know where to install the temp probe?

jiggen01

Established Member
i put mine in one of my freeze plug holes on the driverside, it reads hotter there because the coolant has already been through half the motor but that way i can see how hot it acftually is on the driverside cylinders

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
The crossover tube (burp plug) is the typical place for the sensor.

AUSTANG7958

03 TERMINATER VERT
Established Member
Awesome! Thanks! Hate to sound like a novice, but I guess I kind of am. LOL Learning every day though. Did the altternator by myself awesome experience. Guess if I keep doing this little stuff I will be an expert some day. thanks guys.:read:

D-MANN

Established Member
i put mine in one of my freeze plug holes on the driverside, it reads hotter there because the coolant has already been through half the motor but that way i can see how hot it acftually is on the driverside cylinders

+1 perfect place for it.

nealc

Established Member
won't the bung at the crossover tube read quite a bit cooler there rather than say a freeze plug or temp probes already on the car?

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I did mine on the block. Do a search for jimmysidecar's how to on installing the sending units for both the water temp and oil pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread