Where do you all buy your tires for your SVTF?

SVTFsOnIcBlUe

C:\Socuments and Dettings
Established Member
Just curious because mine are getting kinda bald. I think they got a good 10k left but I'm curious if people go elsewhere from the dealer. I dont know if our tire is special but it doesn't seem like a normal car tire thats on most passenger cars. Is there a place that sells them? If so where do you all get yours?

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
Tire Rack! They carry most of the popular brands. Although, I just got a set of Nitto NT01's from Discount Tire. Tire Rack does not carry Nitto. Do not get tires from your Ford dealer. Can you say "MARKUP". Check around. If you are going to be autocrossing or doing track weekends there are WAY better tires than the stock Continentals.

Anaxagoras1986

Established Member
bobosfocus said:
Tire Rack! They carry most of the popular brands. Although, I just got a set of Nitto NT01's from Discount Tire. Tire Rack does not carry Nitto. Do not get tires from your Ford dealer. Can you say "MARKUP". Check around. If you are going to be autocrossing or doing track weekends there are WAY better tires than the stock Continentals.

What are your favorites? I like my Kumho Ecsta ASX tires but they are starting to get a little low on tread so I need to get replacements soon.

6SpeedLover

Established Member
bobosfocus, do you like your Nitto's? Just curious because ive always heard good things about them, but never had them.. My SVTF only has 10k on it, but when the time comes i was thinking about them...

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
6SpeedLover said:
bobosfocus, do you like your Nitto's? Just curious because ive always heard good things about them, but never had them.. My SVTF only has 10k on it, but when the time comes i was thinking about them...
I don't know! I have them mounted on some new Kazera wheels but they are sitting in the garage collecting dust until the first track event comes up in May. They sure look fast! Very aggressive tread pattern. A little too aggressive for the street.They have a tire rating of 100, so they are real soft. Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords did a tire test a couple of issues back and they raved about them. I ran Kumho's Ecsta MX's last season on the street and the track. They are a great tire, way better than the stock Conti's. Turn in is not as quick but they grip and do not go away like the Conti's. I may try to find a autox just to see how the Nitto's work and scuff them up a bit. I'll let everyone know how they work!! :beer:

Last edited:

SVTFsOnIcBlUe

Established Member
I;m not going to be taking my SVTF to the track very often. So what tire would you recommend over the stock ones for a bit better sticking power in the corners, Thats still good to use everyday (as this is my daily driver).

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
SVTFsOnIcBlUe said:
I;m not going to be taking my SVTF to the track very often. So what tire would you recommend over the stock ones for a bit better sticking power in the corners, Thats still good to use everyday (as this is my daily driver).
The Kumho Ecsta MX's! They are an awsome street and track tire. The Tirerack has them listed now for $104 each, I think. I would sugggest one thing however, do not get the stock size. They will rub! For some reason Kumho's run wider than other tires. In the 215/45/17 mine rubbed under hard cornering and when encountering big bumps. I would say to step down a size, to a 215/40/17. I'm getting ready to order another set for this summer, to use as a street tire and a wet track tire. I'm going to go with the 215/40/17. Lower profile might not rub. Also the lower profile looks cooler! HA! :beer:

Last edited:

SVTFsOnIcBlUe

Established Member
bobosfocus said:
The Kumho Ecsta MX's! They are an awsome street and track tire. The Tirerack has them listed now for $104 each, I think. I would sugggest one thing however, do not get the stock size. They will rub! For some reason Kumho's run wider than other tires. In the 215/45/17 mine rubbed under hard cornering and when encountering big bumps. I would say to step down a size, to a 215/40/17. I'm getting ready to order another set for this summer, to use as a street tire and a wet track tire. I'm going to go with the 215/40/17. Lower profile might not rub. Also the lower profile looks cooler! HA! :beer:

Wow that $104 is cheaper than our stock continentals on that site. If you go a size smaller wont it be hard to put the tire on the wheel? Or does that second number indicate thickness of the tire not width? Also all years of SVTF's use the same size tire right?

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
SVTFsOnIcBlUe said:
Wow that $104 is cheaper than our stock continentals on that site. If you go a size smaller wont it be hard to put the tire on the wheel? Or does that second number indicate thickness of the tire not width? Also all years of SVTF's use the same size tire right?

The way to read tire sizes is this...215/40/17
1st# 215= tires width in mm
2nd# 40= ratio of sidewall height to width
3rd# 17 diameter of tire in inches

Somewhere, you can find a discription of what all the numbers on the outside of a tire mean. I think the Tirerack web site has it on there somewhere. :shrug:

Last edited:

6SpeedLover

Established Member
bobosfocus said:
I don't know! I have them mounted on some new Kazera wheels but they are sitting in the garage collecting dust until the first track event comes up in May. They sure look fast! Very aggressive tread pattern. A little too aggressive for the street.They have a tire rating of 100, so they are real soft. Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords did a tire test a couple of issues back and they raved about them. I ran Kumho's Ecsta MX's last season on the street and the track. They are a great tire, way better than the stock Conti's. Turn in is not as quick but they grip and do not go away like the Conti's. I may try to find a autox just to see how the Nitto's work and scuff them up a bit. I'll let everyone know how they work!! :beer:
Thnx man, ill be looking for your post sometime in May :pepper: :pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread