where do i install a elec. sendingunit for temp gauge from autometer

UnnaturalSVT

Blwn01Cobra
Established Member
Hey guys I need to know where to put a autometer temperature sending unit.. some one told me just pull the factory....well the car won't run with out factory sender telling the ecm how to adjust air fuel for the emissions effect....I was gonna weld a bong to the opposite side but now carious if that will give a correct reading knowing that it should be flowing the radiated cooled. So I'd probably have to weld it just beneathe the stock sending unit...if any one has any information where to put it without tapping the heads please inform! Oh btw I'm running an 04 mach1 alum. Block .. so if there's a drain plug that I can pull in plcace of an adapter that prolly work best if its closer towards the heads.....:beer:

01yellercobra

Established Member
I installed an electric gauge in a 2006 GT. It had a drain plug on the side of the block that I removed and put the sending unit in it's place. I don't remember if the earlier aluminum blocks have the same drain plug. It was on the drivers side towards the rear. Someone used to make a replacement plug for the coolant crossover that was drilled in the middle for a sending unit. I'm not sure if that's still around through. Or you can weld a bung into another part of the crossover like you were talking about. As long as it's touching coolant you'll get the correct reading.

Last edited:

UnnaturalSVT

Blwn01Cobra
Established Member
Sounds easier. Do u remember what size Adapter was used or does the 1/4 not Unit screw right in....I heard they needed adapter due to the unit being too long

01yellercobra

Established Member
I don't remember the adapter size. I used one of the adapters that came in the kit.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread