where do i go from here?

JoeCobra

Established Member
if my buddy has exhaust, and intake mods whats the best route to go from there? i know he can do pullys, and TB but what about big stuff like heads, intakes and stuff like that. once he's through with the bolt on stuff where should he go from there?

JoeCobra

Established Member
what are lca's and uca's? and really is that all? i mean besides a supercharger is there any aftermarket heads or intakes? i know enough about 5.0L's but nothing about the 4.6L's

Wylde Horses

4.56 gear advocate
Established Member
UCA = Upper Control Arm

LCA = Lower Control Arm

You can get short runner intakes. You can also do camshafts. There are no aftermarket heads for our cars though. He might want to get a set of '03 heads like the Mach has though.

JoeCobra

Established Member
whats a short runner intake what brands make them? also what adavantages do the mach heads have over the 99 cobra heads?

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
what year is your buddie's cobra? if its new edge its got independend rear end. UCA & LCAS are for solid axle cars.

smashedheadcat

Established Member
Gears is a huge thing. These beasts are born to rev. All bolt ons ie: headers, mid pipe, catback, inlet, pullies. I'd bring everything together with a chip. You may not see huge gains with it, but it won't hurt. For best times, get yourself a set of gears (4.30 minimum if you ask me), and some sticky tires. The IRS is the weak point, but there are plenty of mods to take care of that. Give her hell.

JoeCobra

Established Member
i don't neccesarily want an all out drag car. but i do want lots and lots of power. maybe an auto crosser. i don't know. seems like theres a wall to modding a cobra. this i'm not used to as a former 5.0L owner. how do i get big power out of this engine?

Users who are viewing this thread