where did this techno shit come from?

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
I'm only 25, so I'm not that old. where the hell did this techno shit come from. or hardstyle whatever it's called. it sounds like ass. killing bands I would like to continue to listen to. I always thought techno was for european brokebackmountain clubs :shrug:

I still listen to rock, hip hop, rap and country. why do they have to **** with my rock. that is not rock music.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
The Dubstep crap you mean? There is maybe two of those songs I can stand for more than a minute.

Tebow > Dubstep lol.

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
Korn for one. please stop the "dubstep" <--it's still techno.
they have killed 2 songs that have been on the radio. I liked Korns music and albums prior to the current. why...why? keep that crap on the other stations, there is no band involvement when it comes to that. I want to hear the music, not all synthetic sounds.

chrisheltra

Established Member
This thread reminded me of a post a buddy made on another forum that indirectly could apply to you.

Classic tree hugging Prius driving liberal. If their kind doesn't like something, then it MUST to be outlawed for everyone. In contratst, if I don't like the people or cars around me, I leave. If I don't like the radio station currently playing, I change the channel. Problem solved without getting into a self righteous rant like that pie guzzling bitch in the video.

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Eh; bands are trying to get in on the scene. I personally like a good tiesto/kascade background beat if I'm at a house party or driving to Vegas/etc but it's definitely an acquired taste.

I actually was but by the bug when I started college years back and wanted to here music while studying but kept getting thrown off by catchy lyrics of other music. Threw on a little tiesto and have been able to study like a champ since.

I think it'll die off from other genre's just like lil Wayne's prom queen song (heavy rock/rap sound). It's just a phase. Electronic music can be incrementally bled into other genre's but not just thrown into songs with full minute dub step/break down/ clash riffs.

My $.02

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
chris. I do typically change the channel. I just want to know what the appeal is, because to me it sounds like ass.

TT, I sure hope it is just a phase and moves on to something else.

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
korn has not been relevant for 15 years.. The only thing that killed their music was them

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Dubstep is the only thing that makes Korn even listen-able anymore. Skrillex done saved their careers.

I havent listened to modern rock in about a year and now that im really into dubstep, I wont be going back. Sick of the whole "woe is me" rock sound and lyrical suck-titude. Think the latest song i heard was the "monster ive become" and its got a good guitar intro but then goes to the same standard chord patterns and depressing lyrics.

If you dont like it thats fine, but its a musical genre thats spreading like wildfire due to it being so diverse, in a way that trance only wished it could have done. My girl had no idea what dubstep was until the Korn/Skrillex song, and now she can listen to it with me and start picking out the songs she likes, i could never get her to like trance though.

ViciousJay

Established Member
I'm only 25, so I'm not that old. where the hell did this techno shit come from. or hardstyle whatever it's called. it sounds like ass. killing bands I would like to continue to listen to. I always thought techno was for european brokebackmountain clubs :shrug:

I still listen to rock, hip hop, rap and country. why do they have to **** with my rock. that is not rock music.

what rock music?! Rock has been dead for 14 years now

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Benny benassi, Armin Van Buuren, Tiesto kick ass.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Does anyone ever listen tot he radio anymore? Chicago lost its last rock radio station 8 months ago... :( is there still rock stations?!

THANK GOD FOR PANDORA and Microsoft Sync

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Korn sounds like ass, anything with Dubstep injected into might make it even worth listening to.

The only reason these groups move to the Dubstep is because they have lost their followers because they are sucking so now they try to jump in another upcoming popular genre to try and gain more exposure just to end up making it suck as well. Tell your stupid bands to stop sounding like ass and they won't have to cling on the nuts of other popular trends.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Korn sounds like ass, anything with Dubstep injected into might make it even worth listening to.

The only reason these groups move to the Dubstep is because they have lost their followers because they are sucking so now they try to jump in another upcoming popular genre to try and gain more exposure just to end up making it suck as well. Tell your stupid bands to stop sounding like ass and they won't have to cling on the nuts of other popular trends.

So far its just korn but ive also heard a local band metal band that has infused the dubstep sound and they are calling it metalstep.

Users who are viewing this thread