Where did my steering stop go???

joshua5438

Here...Hemi...Hemi !!!
Established Member
Well, on my way to work this morning I heard this aweful noise come from the passenger side. I was affraid that one of my lug nuts fell off. It turns out that my steering stop fell off. Anyone ever lost one of these? What are my options.. Does anyone make an aftermarket one or do I have to go to Ford? Do they all weld in? I now have a hole in the control arm. I also turned into the parking lot and since I have no steering stop my wheel hit the lower control arm. My wheel is all messed up now. I have Smoothie II's. Can I sand them down to get rid of the rough edge? What should I use to sand them if I can? Just looking for any info or tips.

Thanks, Josh

Last edited:

capt1515

I WANA GO FAST !
Established Member
I lost mine last month . I measured the length of the other side , I used a 5/16 bolt with a nut screwed down to the bolt head to get the length I needed . I then drilled out the original stop hole , put the bolt in and was able to fit a flat washer with a lock-nut on the back side to secure it . It works perfect with no wheel rub at all , I checked it over the past weekend and it showed no signs of bending or failing at all . I did'nt know mine fell off until I turned hard one day and my wheel scraped the hell out of the control arm , I hope you did'nt have that happen to you .

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
I have Smoothie II's. Can I sand them down to get ride of the rough edge? What should I use to sand them if I can? Just looking for any info or tips.

Thanks, Josh

as long as they are billet and not painted of coated just hit em with some sand paper till its nice and smooth then polish it out.

svts4shawn

Banned
i ordered them from lightning brake performance before he turned into a douche

25$ for 2.... then i tacked them in place

joshua5438

Here...Hemi...Hemi !!!
Established Member
i ordered them from lightning brake performance before he turned into a douche

25$ for 2.... then i tacked them in place

so they were made just like the factory ones? I can get a pretty good deal on the ones that Ford Racing makes but I am not sure if they are the same size as the factory ones...

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Ford does not sell "factory" steering stop replacements. It only comes preinstalled in the lower control arms.

All they have for a replacement steering stop is the FRPP kit that you are looking at on NLOC.

joshua5438

Here...Hemi...Hemi !!!
Established Member
Ford does not sell "factory" steering stop replacements. It only comes preinstalled in the lower control arms.

All they have for a replacement steering stop is the FRPP kit that you are looking at on NLOC.

I wasnt doubting you bro. I was making sure that I was looking at the same ones. Thanks again for all of your help.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
^^^

Not saying you were. I just wanted to make sure that the info that I told you was received the way I meant it to come across.

Users who are viewing this thread