Where can you buy new Whipple plenums?

A4BLK98SS

Established Member
I shipped a brand new Whipple 2.3 Gen II to someone and UPS managed to munch the stock plenum(don't ask me how, box was tight and it was the original shipping container). I insured the package and already have a claim in. However, I'm looking at Whipple's site and searching but can't find a stand alone whipple plenum. Does anyone know where to buy one? Specifically looking for a black single blade t/b plenum.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Whipple's site sucks, you are better off just calling. It is a pretty expensive part, though. I would make sure that was the only damage, because I bought a used Whipple, and USPS dropped the box on the snout end. I thought the pulley was the only damage, but nI turned out needing a whole rebuild do to internal noise.

A4BLK98SS

Established Member
Whipple's site sucks, you are better off just calling. It is a pretty expensive part, though. I would make sure that was the only damage, because I bought a used Whipple, and USPS dropped the box on the snout end. I thought the pulley was the only damage, but nI turned out needing a whole rebuild do to internal noise.

I read about your situation - what a joke. Sorry that happened to you.

The crazy part about this situation is that I never took it out of the box. I opened it to look at of course, but otherwise it's just been sitting. It has the original packing material, everything. I taped it up tight and it should have been good. Whipple ships thousands of these things a year, it seems like UPS shouldn't have had a problem.

I insured it so no huge deal, but I just feel bad for the buyer. He's going to have to deal with them inspecting it, etc.

A4BLK98SS

Established Member
I actually talked to Dennis at Whipple. Fantastic customer service - Whipple is awesome. A replacement is $349 for anyone curious. I have plenty of insurance to cover, so everything should work out fine. Thanks for the help all!

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
And even though I didn't buy it, thanks for not being an idiot and insuring it AND taking care of the buyer :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread