Where can you but the essential Porter Cable kit?

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Where can you buy the essential Porter Cable kit?

I'm looking for a 7424 PC but I don't want to order from here and there etc. Does anyone sell like a detailing startup kit that includes all the basics you need to use the PC out of the box (pads, proper backing plate)? Also, at a pretty competitive price! Thanks Guys

Last edited:

Scott P

Established Member
Coastal Tool sells the 7424, a backing plate and maybe a pad or two for $119 (I think). Autopia has a PC kit, but it's a bit pricey for what you get. If you do't mind two stops, grab the 7336SP from Lowe's for $100 and then get a pad starter kit from a place like mone or even Classic Motoring (properautocare.com)

Black99L

SVT FAN!
Established Member
I got the 7424 for Christmas. Now I have to get all the necessary pads and best waxes/cleaners to go with it. Then I have to wait for a nice warm day to spend outside cleaning the crap out of my truck :)

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Has anyone used the Wool polishing pads that CoastalTool offers? When I got those dog scratches worked out of my car the other day the detailer used something similar to a sheepskin/wool pad and the results was amazing. I ordered a wool polishing pad from them last night along with my 7424.

Users who are viewing this thread