Where can I get a 4in to 5in V-Band transition?

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
I an going with a smaller snail and it has a 4in outlet. I need a 4-5in transition so I can make it work with my 5in v band on my downpipe.

Does a company make something that will work or should I look to a local shop to weld me one up?

Mike@TCI

Established Member
It's not going to line back up even if you had a shop weld up a double sided V band 4-5" transition. Best bet is to take it to a shop, have them cut off the exsisting 5" V band, and weld on the 4" ( assuming you have a 4" downpipe, as well).

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Damn really? I was hoping to be able to keep it a 5inch incase I wanted to swap snails again. I guess all the heat is going to warp the flanges pretty bad, I never really though of that.

Yaadman_GT

Yaadman_GT
Established Member
Or you could double vband it. Basically, like Mike said.....Take it to a shop and have them cut of a couple inches back from the flange and put a vband on the downpipe and also on the piece that they cut off. Then you would get a transition made to go from 5" (downpipe) to 4" (turbo) kinda like an insert. You will end up with a couple inch section that you could remove if you wanted to go back to a bigger turbo with a 5" vband housing.

Users who are viewing this thread