Where can I find new boss 302 valve covers

gta roger

Established Member
I saw a set of SVO valve covers for the new Boss 302. They were polished finned and had the letters painted red,black and blue.I can't seem to find them at all the normal places . Roger

gta roger

Established Member
The covers I'm looking for are for the new windsor based Boss 302.I've found the black ones that come on the Boss 302 crate motor. I am looking for the set that is polished and have the lettering painted red, black and blue. I saw a set on the internet a few days ago. It was something to do with this forum. The page was photos of ford valve covers,but did not say where to go to buy them. Roger

Last edited:

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
i think i know the ones you're talking about. if they are the same ones they are very expensive. if i find them ill post a link

gta roger

Established Member
What makes the new Windsor a boss? What made the 302 a boss was the cleveland heads. What is different on the new one?
If you look in the Ford book, it list the new 302 Boss engine and block. The new block comes with four bolt mains,all forged reciprocating parts,screw in freeze plugs,modified oiling system,Special steel used in the casting of the block,cylinders that can be bored to 4.125 bore,Custom cooling system, roller cam, full roller rockers and can be stroked out to 363 cu in. You still can mount the Cleveland heads if you do a couple mods to the block,but the aluminum Windsor style heads that they offer flows as well or better that the Cleveland heads.You can mount the engine in the early Mustangs and Falcons and the likes with no mods the the shock towers or custom made headers. The early Boss was a great motor, but I had rather have the new one. The new block was designed to handle a lot more power than the early block.Roger

gta roger

Established Member
Okay so you are looking for valve covers for a Windsor. What lettering are you looking for? You can get finned ones but lettered you are limited.
I saw a set on the internet that looked like the valve covers that come on the new Boss 302 . They were not wrinkle black,but polished and had the lettering painted red,black and blue.From what I could tell they were covers that could be bought as they were. Not custom made.Roger

gta roger

Established Member
I saw a set on the internet that looked like the valve covers that come on the new Boss 302 . They were not wrinkle black,but polished and had the lettering painted red,black and blue.From what I could tell they were covers that could be bought as they were. Not custom made.Roger
Here is a photo of them
untitled.png Boss valve covers.png

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Your part number is M-6582-BOSSP.

Although i dont see them painted like that. The P normally stands for polished. You could buy the polished version and have the logos powdercoated.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread