WANTED: Where can I find a 5x9 filter

cobra1718

Established Member
Got a JLT intake with a 5x7 air filter. Anybody know where I can purchase a 5x9. This filter is size it was before JLT changed the size

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Got a JLT intake with a 5x7 air filter. Anybody know where I can purchase a 5x9. This filter is size it was before JLT changed the size
You'll probably have to find a used one, as they've been difficult to find from any of the "normal" filter makers for years. Specifications for the original S&B filter JLT sold were:
- Flange Diam = 5" ID / 5.5" OD
- Base Diam = 8"
- Height = 9"
- Flange Height = 1"
- Top Diam = 5.25"
- Color = Blue

Plugging those parameters into S&B's tool yields a backorder result for all media types/colors. I went down a similar path almost four years ago.

www.afepower.com
Click the " products " tab, under induction you'll find " build your own filter ", you should be able to come up with something..
You'd think but, as I explained this a little over three years ago, that's not the case. "Build your own" isn't really that. Instead, the tool is more of a search utilitiy that confines users to the parameters of existing products. "Building your own" with the listed parameters is impossible on aFe's site and "build/design" requests I submitted twice went nowhere. To the best of my knowledge, none of that has changed.

Because of these difficulties, OP, I spent time talking to filter manufacturers at SEMA. aFe was not interested in actually making the "custom" filter we wanted, instead pointing us to their most "comparable" existing product. Injen failed to respond to my inquiries. AIRAID was, however, very helpful. That led to me organizing a group buy of a "limited" run of their (discontinued) #703-496 filters. At the time, unit cost was $120/ea for up to 10 units, $95/ea if we ordered 10 or more units. Good luck!

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Thanks Norton. Kinda the issue I’ve had.
Frustrating, I know!

You might try contacting AIRAID, to see if they can/will produce one of their #703-496 filters for you. Our GB got them for $95/ea plus tax. Shipping was free but, IIRC, that was due to the size of the order. Worst case, you SHOULD be able to get one for no more than $150.

cobra1718

Established Member
Frustrating, I know!

You might try contacting AIRAID, to see if they can/will produce one of their #703-496 filters for you. Our GB got them for $95/ea plus tax. Shipping was free but, IIRC, that was due to the size of the order. Worst case, you SHOULD be able to get one for no more than $150.
150 is probably more than I want to spend on a air filter. I guess I can stay with my wimpy 5x7

Users who are viewing this thread