when you set timming on the cobra

stacy532

you can pass me
Established Member
do you first remove the spout connector then start the car , set it and then turn it off and replace the connector? also how high should I set the timming? ist detonated a tad but I have no idea wether the darn advanced 10 degrees is accurate or not? it is running hotter at city driving I think I need to back it off some...

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
stacy532 said:
do you first remove the spout connector then start the car , set it and then turn it off and replace the connector? ..

thats how i do it on my 5.0, before my supercharger i ran mine at 14, but if your getting detonation, you either need better gas or less timing

crystal_SVT

Established Member
u can loosen it with the car running, wont hurt anything. just when u go to move the dist. grab the base instead of the wires :rolling: .. had a few shocks before.. the way i always do it is advance until u start knockin, then u know how far u can go. around 14 degrees is pretty good.

crystal_SVT

Established Member
also i like to loosen an tighten the dist. hold down with the car running so i know if it moves or not.. forget to mention that. and do u run 93 in ur car?

Last edited:

stacy532

you can pass me
Established Member
crystal_SVT said:
also i like to loosen an tighten the dist. hold down with the car running so i know if it moves or not.. forget to mention that. and do u run 93 in ur car?
nope I noticed that if the car is running and I remove it the rpms go up a tad and it will not advance any more also I notice my car is running a bit past normal on the guage when I mash the gas , on one pass it sounded like my engine was being raped by the tranny....lol I backed it down some but maybe not enough? :dw:

Users who are viewing this thread