When will we see the Recaro seats on the market for Technology package cars

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
The car I have incoming shortly has the technology package, which means no Recaros.
Is this something that I will be able to purchase separately should the "tech pack" seats not serve me?
Does anyone know if this will be a plug and play? Obviously I would lose the heated and cooled seats which isn't a big deal.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
FRPP already offers the leather Recaro's with Ford Racing embroidered on them. They are not the same seat however. The aftermarket has plenty of options. But if you're wanting factory GT350 seats it's probably going to be a lot higher price then all the other alternatives.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Hopefully, somebody at FRPP will make the business case such that they get the green light. Ford Parts division will argue that if approved that the seats will have to be somehow differentiated from the stock pieces, as they want to be first in line when moving stock inventory and not FRPP at a much discounted price.

As it has been, you can piece together a Recaro via the parts department but the price quickly becomes beyond ridiculous, and that's before you even get half way.

bpmurr

Established Member
Better question. When are they going to have Sync 3 for Track Pack cars? :)

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Im all set with the FRPP seats, gotta be the OEM GT350 babies!

krt22

Established Member
Im all set with the FRPP seats, gotta be the OEM GT350 babies!

Im guessing you are looking at 5-6K if not more. Gotta buy all the individual components AND the covers

You will likely have better luck looking for a take out set or something who might want to trade

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
The seats were the reason I changed my order after the track tour.

Wish I could have both, but all the sports injuries from highschool and college my body demands the recaro Seats.

It's funny, I went from recaro cars to my temporary 2011 GT500 this summer, and forgot how much more supportive the recaros were

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
The seats were the reason I changed my order after the track tour.

Wish I could have both, but all the sports injuries from highschool and college my body demands the recaro Seats.

It's funny, I went from recaro cars to my temporary 2011 GT500 this summer, and forgot how much more supportive the recaros were

Fragile old bastard.

How do the new Recaros compare to the 13/14 SVT models?

I know they look cooler, more hardcore.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Fragile old bastard.

How do the new Recaros compare to the 13/14 SVT models?

I know they look cooler, more hardcore.

I found them to be more comfortable but more narrow around my legs. Again, I'm 6' 175-180, so I may be different than most.

The seating position itself is better on my back and neck

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
how there is a non-recaro seat in this car is beyond me.

recaro-at-detroit-2016-shelby-gt350-mustang-performance-luxury-seats-coming-90933_1.jpg

2016fordshelbygt350-027.jpg

difference between 13-14 recaros and gt350 recaros:
GT350-Mustang-Recaro-Seats.jpeg

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
these are "american car" recaros much different than a euro car version. they take into account the american sized buyer.

to answer the question I'm sure they'll be out at some point. I remember you could buy the 2000 cobra R seats and that was actually limited. Think they were around 3k for the set.

Last edited:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I will buy a set, and it will keep me motivated to go to the gym.

krt22

Established Member
They likely wont have the GT350 badging however. Just like the boss/GT500 style recaros that were released the Ford Racing logos

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
you never know the 2000 Cobra R seats were identical with the snake and big red R.

actually i agree they will probably just say 'RECARO' or Ford Racing on them. still well worth buying. easier for ford to sell more seats that way.

03VertGT

GT350 Incoming
Established Member
these are "american car" recaros much different than a euro car version. they take into account the american sized buyer.

to answer the question I'm sure they'll be out at some point. I remember you could buy the 2000 cobra R seats and that was actually limited. Think they were around 3k for the set.

LOL, we're not all fat you know!

Users who are viewing this thread