When will the price drop?

Trader

Established Member
If i only could see into the future.

Local dealer has one on ebay and it is at 59k.
MIght be able to oder a 2008? dunno only time will tell. just thinking out loud.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
do you have two ford gts? and are worried about price?

i would start calling dealerships. do you just want one, or do you want to order? there are a couple of dealerships selling there cars for about 5k over right now. i have also run into some dealerships that will not sell a car for over msrp. while others have long standing relationships with dealers and have already purchased for msrp.

the deals are out there, one just needs to look.:idea:

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
My opinion is that come winter, adm's will ease down a bit. With the introduction of the Shelby GT (and possible GT350), I think we'll start to see sticker, especially with the favorable early reviews. My opinion... :rolling:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
the shortest and easiest answer is....

WHEN DEMAND DROPS AT THE PRICE THEY ARE SELLING FOR. If nobody is willing to pay 60-90K for a shelby, the price will fall.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
dgussin1 said:

WHEN DEMAND DROPS AT THE PRICE THEY ARE SELLING FOR. If nobody is willing to pay 60-90K for a shelby, the price will fall.
Words of wisdom!

Trader

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
do you have two ford gts? and are worried about price?
Mustang Gts changed the profile. I wish i had a couple Ford gts. One can dream.

I have a dealer that i have gotten a few cars from and they just sold their second one for quite a bit over msrp. I might start looking at other dealers now. :(

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
I'd be willing to bet that by spring the price will drop to very close to MSRP. Come winter nobody up north will be buying, so demand will drop there, plus they will be produced the whole time allowing some inventory to build up and those willing to pay over MSRP would of had enough time to buy. By then a good 4,000 or so should have been built, which is quite a few.

JEllis

Established Member
The prices are already dropping fast on Ebay which is probably a good indicator. I knew that Ebay bidding would fall off on the GT500 but I am actually a little suprised that bids are already falling below 60K on some GT500's and all within the first 2000 built. I would expect that by the time the 4,000th GT500 is made, prices will be very near MSRP...

Jason

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Trader said:
Mustang Gts changed the profile. I wish i had a couple Ford gts. One can dream.

I have a dealer that i have gotten a few cars from and they just sold their second one for quite a bit over msrp. I might start looking at other dealers now. :(

so loyalty will not allow you to order at msrp? thats cool! dont buy another car from them.

SteveEvo8

Established Member
dgussin1 said:

Spoken like a true champ! When you suggest this theory to some people they think your crazy or its too hard of a concept to grasp. Also if someone buys a gt500 at 90k idk what to say to them to be honest, but its not nice.

But yeah once no one is willing and able to pay the car for above sticker, thats when the prices will drop. However its hard to say when. I say give it a solid 5-8 months.

^i could be wrong

Steve

Last edited:

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
If you weren't in the market a few years ago, HERE is a brief history of Terminator pricing. Will GT500 prices will follow the same path? Who knows? :shrug:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Top_Fuel said:
If you weren't in the market a few years ago, HERE is a brief history of Terminator pricing. Will GT500 prices will follow the same path? Who knows? :shrug:
the biggest difference between then and now is that we have a second market of buyers involved. it's not only the mustang/cobra HP FREAKS that are the primary buyers. We now have these old fu*ks that want a "Shelby" that are screwing with the market.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
dgussin1 said:
the biggest difference between then and now is that we have a second market of buyers involved. it's not only the mustang/cobra HP FREAKS that are the primary buyers. We now have these old fu*ks that want a "Shelby" that are screwing with the market.
And most of those old fu*cks have money and will shell it out for a "Shelby" to relive their youth.

drmustang

Banned
STAMPEDE3 said:
And most of those old fu*cks have money and will shell it out for a "Shelby" to relive their youth.

There will be some older folks grab these cars but not by the thousands. The majority will pass on a Mustang when a Corvette can be purchased for the same or less. This leaves the Mustang crowd, few of which are in a financial position to logically handle the burden of a $45,000 car. There is no way Ford is going to sell 25 or 30 thousand Mustangs at these prices.

oldmodman

Established Member
I don't know about the F**Ker part but I am an old asshole.

And there is no chance in hell that I am even going to pay list, let alone thousands over. Until then I will be quite happy with my 03 Cobra.

You young whippersnappers should know that you don't get to be a rich old bastard by pissing all your cash away when you are young.;-)

StreetSnake

Established Member
oldmodman said:
I don't know about the F**Ker part but I am an old asshole.

And there is no chance in hell that I am even going to pay list, let alone thousands over. Until then I will be quite happy with my 03 Cobra.

You young whippersnappers should know that you don't get to be a rich old bastard by pissing all your cash away when you are young.;-)
As another Old F**Ker couldnt agree more with you, just because were old doesnt mean were stupid.:beer: :beer:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
My local dealer sold their first 2 for 35K over.

Their last one went for 20K over. They are slowly dropping.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
My local dealer sold their first 2 for 35K over.

Their last one went for 20K over. They are slowly dropping.

Err...the 3rd one sold for 57% of the ADM of the first 2. That's a pretty quick/large adjustment, IMO. Wait till spring (late) and I think you'll see ADM gone in many cases...

smaxson

Mustangs and F150's
Established Member
Dropping prices??? Lets be realistic.

Don't see the price dropping too much... yes, the big ADM's will drop as the newness and "gotta have the first one" wears off. But let's review some numbers... last time I inquired (this spring) Mustang GT with manuals were selling at sticker or a couple of hundred dollars off. This is after two years of production. Last years production was something like 160K units. Assuming half were V6 and half were V8 and guessing that half of the V8's were manuals, this means there were 40K cars GT/manuals sold... and they're still selling at or near sticker. Now lets switch to the Shelby... a limited production(~9K units), high horsepower Mustang with a piece of history tacked on its name. Then combine this with the fact that Ford still sells them in the high end markets despite the fact that any Ford dealer could sign up for one, and I don't see the price plummeting. Maybe coming around to a little more reasonable (MSRP to 5K over) maybe even an occasional under sticker deal. But lets face it the current Mustang is hot and the limited production models are even hotter. What happened to the terminators in '04 was the introduction of the '05's. Once we got a look at the new car, the "old" car was just that old. Then Ford announced that SVT was going to build a Cobra version or even a Shelby. Well, that was the end of the "old" SN95 body and the market reflected that. As stated before in this thread, start looking for a reasonable dealers, they are out there. I've found several and closed my own deal that is not even close to what the boys are getting on eBay. And I'm getting all the paperwork, posters and banners from the dealership thrown in on the deal.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
smaxson said:
Don't see the price dropping too much...

how did i know you are a dealer. nice.

it does not take much to get a mustang gt today near invoice. a few calls, maybe walking out once or twice.
its always the same story. no cars all buyers raise prices. a lot of cars a lot of buyers even out prices. the used cars hit the market lowering prices. cars are sitting at the dealers lowering prices again. the latest and greatest cars hit the market again lowering prices. it will be no different with the gt500.

in 2 years there will be gt500 sitting new on lots. there will be your choice of colors to be purchased used. the bullitt and shelby gt and shelby gt-h will be on the market. the news of the gt350 will be here. the news of the new boss will be here. the gt500kr will be making news. the news of the new bodied mustang will be out. forget adm when this happens the gt500 will not be selling for msrp anymore.

i have yet to mention the 550hp camaro. the 425hp charger. the new corvette supercar. all of this will cut demand for the 07/08 gt500 by a huge margin. this will happen. take it to the bank!:pepper: :D :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread