When to weld axle tubes ???

redfirepearlgt

SIT BACK AND HANG ON !!!
Established Member
Since the car finally made its 10.91 @ 127.5mph pass last Friday I have been wondering if I need to be concerned with welding the axle tubes on my 2014 GT.

The car runs full weight. The 6R80 is all stock. Makes 532RWHP 498RWT. Factory torque converter currently. Best 60ft is 1.62. 60's are getting consistent in the 1.6 range. Running on MT ET street R series 305/45/17's. LCA's, relocation brackets, UCA and bracket, adj. panhard, 1.5" drop Drag springs in the rear and Lakewood 50/50 rear shocks. Nothing done to the front.

I have gotten mixed stories locally on whether I should be concerned with welding the rear axle tubes in. Based on this information I would appreciate some feedback. Would this be overkill or would it be most beneficial? I have two places locally with the jig and a great reputation for their work willing to do the job.

Last edited:

Sizeth3

Established Member
Since the car finally made its 10.91 @ 127.5mph pass last Friday I have been wondering if I need to be concerned with welding the axle tubes on my 2014 GT.

The car runs full weight. The 6R80 is all stock. Makes 532RWHP 498RWT. Factory torque converter currently. Best 60ft is 1.62. 60's are getting consistent in the 1.6 range. Running on MT ET street R series 305/45/17's. LCA's, relocation brackets, UCA and bracket, adj. panhard, 1.5" drop Drag springs in the rear and Lakewood 50/50 rear shocks. Nothing done to the front.

I have gotten mixed stories locally on whether I should be concerned with welding the rear axle tubes in. Based on this information I would appreciate some feedback. Would this be overkill or would it be most beneficial? I have two places locally with the jig and a great reputation for their work willing to do the job.

What is your setup, I am assuming PD?

I love your boxer pic btw.

redfirepearlgt

SIT BACK AND HANG ON !!!
Established Member
^^^ yes

And thanks. He loved to go for rides and traveled very well on long trips.

Since I posted this I have found out that CHE offers their rear axle brace now so that it will work with BMR relocation brackets in place. So I am planning on ordering that tomorrow. Just some added comfort and safety. I have called to schedule getting the rear axle tubes done as well after speaking with VMP Performance and gotten their feedback on the topic with regard to Rebecca's car. So its time, its the safer thing to do for me and more importantly for the car in the other lane.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread