When to spray??? (N20 at the track)

CaliBolt

Established Member
I havent been to the racetrack in a while and we plan to head to sacramento raceway january 12th (try to come if anyone can make it!) for a little tuning fun, and I need a little advice on when to spray my n20.

My main mods:
6lb lower, psp cai, lakewood slappers (w/ DS loop), 28x10 slicks, 75 shot n20, and a few small things all held together by a tune by sal at PSP.

Last time I raced I had DR's and tried spraying off the line and couldnt hook very well. So with these slicks if I spray off the line what should i be launching at, a small preload or at idle?

Also, any nitrous/track advice would be appreciated, thanks! :pepper:

Marc

ecoastkid

Established Member
I'm guessing you will be able to spray off the line with the slicks. I found that in my truck (with a stock stall, 4#, and a 75 shot) it was best to launch off idle. Test a few different ways and you will soon know.

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
Heat those Slicks up, like a JOHN FORCE Burnout....
Try different tire pressures too.
Buy some adjustable rear shocks...

gpro71bird

Need for Speed
Established Member
I havent been to the racetrack in a while and we plan to head to sacramento raceway january 12th (try to come if anyone can make it!) for a little tuning fun, and I need a little advice on when to spray my n20.

My main mods:
6lb lower, psp cai, lakewood slappers (w/ DS loop), 28x10 slicks, 75 shot n20, and a few small things all held together by a tune by sal at PSP.

Last time I raced I had DR's and tried spraying off the line and couldnt hook very well. So with these slicks if I spray off the line what should i be launching at, a small preload or at idle?

Also, any nitrous/track advice would be appreciated, thanks! :pepper:

Marc

I'll try and make it out to Sac on the 12th. Test & Tune days are a great way to try different set ups and launches.

George

smilinjack

Established Member
I wouldn't spray until after the launch. That is a huge tax on your drivetrain for just a small gain. I spray on the shift to 2nd gear. You can also use a delay timer (time or RPM) to soften the blow to the trans, shaft, rear end, etc.

Charlie41

SiFi junky
Established Member
Use RPM's to activate the N02. For reasons stated above, I would set it @3k RPM's. Plus, almost every Dyno, N02 explosion I have seen was below 3k RPM's

Good luck
Charlie

jwiles6186

I Hate Speed Bumps!
Established Member
My buddy on his 06 GT would only spray once he launched and had hooked. If he did it off the line he would spin all the way through 2nd I believe.

ecoastkid

Established Member
Use RPM's to activate the N02. For reasons stated above, I would set it @3k RPM's. Plus, almost every Dyno, N02 explosion I have seen was below 3k RPM's

Good luck
Charlie

Ordinarily I would agree with this, but since its only a 75 shot, I wouldnt worry about all that. Once your over 125 or so, I would be more starting to worry about the electronics.

Users who are viewing this thread