when is it enough?

ponynx

Established Member
yesterday we had another toyota supra in here and the thing put down 843 ( stock 100,000 mile motor )rwhp ..............went for a ride and all i can say is its wrong in every way. if the car would hook at the track we are talking about mid 8s :eek: how many of you have driven a car like this? its fun to say the least but i mean really when is enough enough? lol

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
Damn thats some serious power. Id say anything over 450rwhp is a little excessive for strictly street use. Hopefully this guy made it home without crashing lol.

Last edited:

gtmustang00

Established Member
you can never be making enough power!

dana, btw the cobra is fine? for some reason the crank pulley and tensioner aren't wobbling much anymore but the belt is squeeling.

Last edited:

ponynx

Established Member
ummmm it should not be wobbling at all ! i said to bring it in right away ,lol

ponynx

Established Member
that is until you actually drive the car that makes 800+ its stupid , no really its stupid ! lmao the one thing that i know is that you can die an an instant with power levels like this.

c5 4 now

Do it from a dig
Established Member
I think I went overboard with mine. It isn't even fun anymore. It blows the tires off at 100+mph. With the 19's on it it's just dangerous.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
yesterday we had another toyota supra in here and the thing put down 843 ( stock 100,000 mile motor )rwhp ..............went for a ride and all i can say is its wrong in every way. if the car would hook at the track we are talking about mid 8s :eek: how many of you have driven a car like this? its fun to say the least but i mean really when is enough enough? lol

when you are happy....and Im not happy!!!! haha

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member
Damn thats some serious power. Id say anything over 450rwhp is a little excessive for strictly street use. Hopefully this guy made it home without crashing lol.

thats a lie. my car is no where near to excessive for the street.

as for the original post. speed is addicting. the problem is getting used to it. then its necessary for more.

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
I think I went overboard with mine. It isn't even fun anymore. It blows the tires off at 100+mph. With the 19's on it it's just dangerous.

Why don't you just dial down the boost and drop down to an 18: tire with a bigger sidewall and footprint. The 19" might look good but i you can't hook em up than i wouldn't bother.

"Theres no such thing as too much power, just not enough traction" -Someone

c5 4 now

Do it from a dig
Established Member
Over the winter I will probably end up doing CCW classics and run d/r's all the time. I have the boost set at 20psi (pump gas) now and it pulls like it used to on race gas with the 67mm on it.

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
When I can run 11.50 et's all day... then that will be enough.

GaDawg

Established Member
I've only raced my truck 3 times; all on the interstate from 50mph+. I (barely) took a current 427 (?) Saleen (w/2 passengers) and a Porsche Cayenne. I was absolutely run off from by a Supra, though. I ran into him when we both took the same exit and were caught at the light. Pleasant enough young man; we chatted a minute. My beast is stock; he said his was "definitely modified", though I'm sure not nearly to the extent of yours, c5. I see lots of quick vehicles around Atlanta, but that Supra was mind-boggling. Doesn't take a lot of boggle for my mind, though,...

Users who are viewing this thread