When is a Terminator still a Terminator???

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Ya'll take this way too far. lol

OK, So IMO,

Once it has Auto, Solid Axle, Drag Brakes, no A/C, no Pwr Steering, no Radio, Interior, race seats, cage ETC.....

It is a race car.

Call it an 03-04 Cobra race car but it is a race car.
Call it a Terminator for all I care but I wouldn't.

Hell I don't call it that now.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
You do realize the shortblock (which you were referring to about people replacing pistons, rods, etc.) is just a 4.6 shortblock right? So long as it's the same design why would it matter if they built the same thing just stronger?

You clearly don't know what you're talking about. :dw:

Terminator was the code name for the car just as the Shelby GT500 was known as Condor.

I was under the understandimg from the book that the code name came in origin from the engine and then extended to the "rest" of the car later. If I'm wrong I stand corrected.

But we all know from the book that the rest of the car had MUCH less, if any influence from Colletti. He only got what he wanted 100% in the engine.

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
vin# plus this:
IMG_0041-1.jpg

:)

04TorchedSVT

Established Member
another one of these..haha.

the fact is, the cars birth certificate specifies it is a terminator. no matter what you do to change it, it is still a terminator. I mean really, it is as simple as that. why people get so hung up on what people do to their cars and then trying to argue that it is not a terminator anymore is just crazy. intended for or not, it doesn't matter. when I call my insurance company, they don't care what is done to it. they want the VIN and that determines my insurance premium. period, end of discussion. now, based on what I have put into it, I can purchase more insurance to cover additional items.

I know the VIN tells a lot more about the car when you call the dealer for parts or something, but still, that doesn't matter. the VIN is still ther certificate of the vehicle and it is illegal to remove. so that car will always be a terminator.

bottom line, you buy the terminator from the dealer or whoever else and it is VIN associated with the car as a terminator from the manufacturer, it will always be a terminator. really isn't hard to understand. it is just that some people have this thought in their head that OMG, they changed this or that. they ruined that terminator. I would never buy that, etc. lol

I agree completely with this^^^. Jusy my opnion though.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
aren't we all supposed to be beating up on GM's and Mopar's, not eachother??? although it is VERY IRONIC how this post was made like minutes after Jake set that amazing record(congrats again dude)

can't we all just get along?

Rice Eatr

Established Member
I was under the understandimg from the book that the code name came in origin from the engine and then extended to the "rest" of the car later. If I'm wrong I stand corrected.

But we all know from the book that the rest of the car had MUCH less, if any influence from Colletti. He only got what he wanted 100% in the engine.

I have not read Colletti's book but I was involved with the launch of the Gen II L, Terminator, GT, and Shelby programs. Typically body is always first but given the chassis was already designed and in production I am not sure who started first - Ford or Roush. Either way I'm glad they gave it a fitting name. :beer:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
The heart and soul of this car is the engine, everything else is just an accessory imo.

99,01 Cobra's had an IRS...I dont see how that makes it a "Terminator". the 6 speed is arguable though.

Rice Eatr

Established Member
The heart and soul of this car is the engine, everything else is just an accessory imo.

99,01 Cobra's had an IRS...I dont see how that makes it a "Terminator". the 6 speed is arguable though.

If I put my engine in my lawnmower would I have a Craftsman Terminator...:-D

CobraStruck

Fastest Eaton/6-Speed/IRS
Established Member
aren't we all supposed to be beating up on GM's and Mopar's, not eachother??? although it is VERY IRONIC how this post was made like minutes after Jake set that amazing record(congrats again dude)

can't we all just get along?

Try 3 days after Jakes post MATHEMATICIAN! His car may have sparked the conversation but it was not directed at him personally. It was a general question to all dragged out Terminators. Sorry this has been such a big deal. Just wanted to get some other opinions about the subject.

I also would like to ride a lawnmower with a blown 4-valve strapped to it!!!:rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread