When drifting last night

Brizzal84

Established Member
I have A 1996 cobra. It was realy fun I do have to say.It nice becuse you realy learn a lot about your car. This was like my 3 time trying but it was sweet. So you drift much ?. I was woundering if anyone dose it much in the sn95 area.

Last edited:

Badasp5.0

Established Member
SVTLink said:

Nope, I have always been tempted to try it but its too much money on tires LOL There is some guys in town that do it on a semi pro basis with some pretty built up 240sx's and they go through tires like water.....
Try autocross its a blast!!!! :beer:

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
I dont neccessarily drift my car but I do enjoy powersliding through some of the better corners on our local roads. I've always thought that drifting was alittle too hard on a car that was my daily driver.

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
WyoTechMSA said:
I dont neccessarily drift my car but I do enjoy powersliding through some of the better corners on our local roads. I've always thought that drifting was alittle too hard on a car that was my daily driver.
+1

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
beegeezy said:
+2

If only I lived a life of unlimited funds.... ;-P

Oh well jesus, if I had unlimited funds I think I would just do burnouts, donuts and holeshots until the car blew up but then again I dont, so I wont.

Mechanic

I am a Honky
Established Member
I took the car out to Northwestern Illinois out by Galena this weekend. Talk about fun. All you do is go up and down hills and around corners at very high rates of speed. The old glacier country. I swear so of those hills I took so fast my ears were popping like in an airplane. I had more fun with the car doing this than I ever had with any car street racing. Im going back next weekend. I think I going to set this car up for road racing. This drifting stuff sounds a little dull. Guys these cars are excellant on the road with cornering and stuff.

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Mechanic said:
I took the car out to Northwestern Illinois out by Galena this weekend. Talk about fun. All you do is go up and down hills and around corners at very high rates of speed. The old glacier country. I swear so of those hills I took so fast my ears were popping like in an airplane. I had more fun with the car doing this than I ever had with any car street racing. Im going back next weekend. I think I going to set this car up for road racing. This drifting stuff sounds a little dull. Guys these cars are excellant on the road with cornering and stuff.

Yea I love the twisties more than anything when it comes to being on the road.

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
ACMUSTANG said:
98% of drifting = tuner cars

Check this out:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/wm/FBADED05-D47B-4FE0-8378-10EDECE95909.htm

I used to take out my old 94'GT vert every single time it rained and drift it............had some vids of it but lost them. I really don't do that much anymore with my Cobra but i do get plenty sideways when i autocross it. Since its such a big car, there's no way i could go around a course as fast as some miatas so i try and "set" the car which means getting it just a little loose and sideways so the rear can rotate around the turn so i can get on the gas sooner. Doing track days in my car is a different story though. One of the most amazing things i've done in my car is coming into turn 13 at Road Atlanta (the looooooooong downhill sweeper) a little too hot so i trailbraked a bit hard and got the rear end loose...........going sideways at 100mph for a few seconds will teach you alot about your car :rockon: .

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
I live my life one turn at a time, nothing else matters. For that 5 seconds or less, I'm free.

Probably another f&f movie quote on this summer's gayest film

cobrasbite97SVT

hey hey what can i say
Established Member
it might take a little bit of skill to work your car through a controled slide at high speeds, but can you slam the long and skinny one on the right and go straight???? now thats takes skill...lol
lets face it mates...real men drag race.
lol just playing guys, i drag race and high way race more then anything, but autocrossing is definatly something everyone sholud try.

JSpeed

Degenerate Speeder
Established Member
Ive done it. Its a lot of fun and takes a good deal of skill and control. You learn a great deal about your cars balance and handling.

cobra331v1

Established Member
I was gonna say, don't knock it until you've tried it. I think Toyo tires sponsored an 05 GT specifically for drifting, and it kicked ass in the field. It is considerably more skillfull than the straight quarter mile. More clutch and brake work, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread