when do I change my oil

blumagic

Hello,

I am new owner of 2013 BOSS 302 that had 6650 miles. I have already put 3000 miles on it. I will probably garage the car soon in November/December for the winter. Should I change the oil now or wait till I have done 7500 miles?

thanks in Advance

MeanGreenBoss

Established Member
If it were my Boss, I would have changed it as soon as I bought it at 6650 miles since I would have had little confidence in whatever oil was left in the crankcase from the previous owner(s). So to answer your question, I would say "NOW".

But I'm a mechanical engineer and probably more anal retentive than most. . .

azazell64

Established Member
I would have to agree with the above statement. I usually change my oil right before i park it for winter ( I did this a week or so ago) and again early on in the season once the roads are clean enough to drive just due to the short cycling of the winter starts if there is any condensation etc accumulated. This is overkill but as I've always been told "an oil change is cheaper than an engine". I hope this helps you.

mycroft

Established Member
Worst case? Annually, regardless of mileage. Usually I change mine right at the start of the season when I bring it out of storage.

If you have no idea when it was last changed, then do it right now.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
If it were my Boss, I would have changed it as soon as I bought it at 6650 miles since I would have had little confidence in whatever oil was left in the crankcase from the previous owner(s). So to answer your question, I would say "NOW".

But I'm a mechanical engineer and probably more anal retentive than most. . .

I too would have changed it as soon as I bought it. Typically changes are done when the driving season starts.

blumagic

All,

I appreciate all the responses. I did get my oil changed today at Ford dealer near my job. I also had them fix loose exhaust that was causing vibration in the car. I will hopefully get another month of safe driving before I put it away for the winter.

Thank you...

Users who are viewing this thread