When do Headers make sense

MongoCobra

Established Member
Just planning my mods for the arrival of my 2003 Cobra. After listening to you guys and doing the research, i've decided on the Magnaflow cat-back and an x-pipe with cats, but does it make sense to do headers at the same time? If I do the X-pipe now, will i have to have it replaced when/if i decide to put in headers?

thanks for the input

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
If you're planning on long tube headers, don't do the X-pipe now. If you're planning on using shorties, you can go ahead and do the X-pipe, but some would argue that shorties aren't worth the money from a performance standpoint.

mineral03

Established Member
I did my catback first (cause you wont need to change it), then did my longtubes and H pipe.No sense i keeping the dookie stock manifolds in place... kind of a pain to install though, if you dont know what youre doing.

Lomancobra

Established Member
I was about to order the bassani X and catback for my 03, but I was considering getting the bassani headers when they were available and I had the money. I assume they would be compatable. I wouldnt have to buy a different X pipe when I buy the headers would I?

Users who are viewing this thread