When did you KNOW you had to have a Mustang?

BlckBullitt01

Established Member
Trying to remember back now... so hazy..

I think when I was younger (-16), it was the sound of the Mustangs I would hear randomly driving around that first got me interested.

When I was 16 I got my first car (a Jeep), which I was happy with at the time, however not quite satisfied. How much time did I spend in my room pretending to shift through gears/making engine noises?? I think we can all remember back in high school the *mystique* the 'fast' cars had..

Anyways, when I was about 17 I happened to be hanging out with a friend from high school who had a 2000 GT (only one in school at the time). Needless to say, after months of anticipation I finally got to go for a ride. About 5 seconds into it I said to myself.. I am buying one, end of story. After about 10 mins we got back to the house, I stepped out of the car and called my Dad. "I am trading in my Jeep and upgrading to a Mustang" (job on the side during HighSchool FTMFW)

Been awhile now, but happy to say that I am still the proud owner of a Mustang, and I don't EVER want that feeling to die (did I mention I got laid twice directly b/c of giving two different girls "rides" in my car, with that being the sole reason :D)

Anyways, enough about me. When did you KNOW you had to have a Mustang?

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
when i was about 9 or 10 a kid down the street from me had about 4 different 90-93 GT's and would do motor builds and all kinds of work right in the street to them and ever since i hear one of them for the first time i was always determined to own a mustang for the sound mainly. the cobra is on a different level though.

Jroc

Established Member
When I was a ricer in my 95 Integra GSR, and went for a ride in a modded 91 GT that belonged to a guy that I worked with.

Foxbody with Flows, O/R H-Pipe, H/C/I, and 3.73's with a 5-speed FTW!

To be honest I wanted a Mustang when I was living with the focks as I grow up a Ford guy, but my parents wouldn't let me have one with a V8, so I bought a Civic and became a ricer for a while.

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
I have always wanted a Mustang. I remember as a kid always loving the late 80's and early 90's GT's. Then the mid 90's cobras came out as I was in junior high and fell in love with them. A couple years later my first vehicle became a '90 F150...sold that after 4 yrs. for a '03 F150 (current). Trucks are much more practical for me so that's why I never bought a 'stang. Anyhow, after college I moved up to northern IL and the town I moved to had quite a few nice Cobras and GT's running around which got me going again on stangs. Then I was dating a girl with '99 GT w/ all MAC exhaust...after hearing & riding in it the bug really bit me! 6 months later (last April) I bought my Terminator!

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
when I was around 7, my dad had a 1990 white gt, grew up loving mustangs and when I was 16 the 96-98 cobras used were just right for the price

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
When I was 12 my dads old friend who we were visiting bought a 03 Mach (in 2002) and took me for a spin. I thought it was really awesome, but I was never into cars and could really care less about how cool it was besides the fact that it went fast. He was kinda disappointed after asking me what car I wanted when I told him I didn't care... Few months later the virus caught up with me and took control. Then I've been Mustang this and Mustang that since then.

Bought my first Mustang when I was 16... it was a v6 I got for 3,000. I buffed it and made it look spectacular, and decided to sell it in favor for a Cobra, so within 2 days of posting it I had a guy willing to give me 5,000 on the spot immediately for it he was so impressed. Then I bought a Cobra but my Jeep was in my dads garage as a project I was working on, but my dad wouldn't let me drive my Cobra until I finished the Jeep, so owning my Cobra for almost a year now and its been sitting in a garage for like 8 months now only being driven by me the first day I got it. It really sucks but the Jeep should be finished in 1-2 weeks.

THE END

bam

Established Member
16, driving the V-6 my brother had... did a burnout by accident. That was it.

Raven519

Established Member
i wasn't really a mustang fan, i was more of a camaro/trans am person...after missing out on some camaros/trans ams i found an 88GT for the right price and bought it...turned out to be the right choice, had a blast with that car for 7 years...i do still like camaros more, but i will always have a fondness for a fox body stang...

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
when my dad bought a 2002 gt with 1100k miles. leather mach 1000, one owner got me excited. the mach 1000 might be a weak system to many but id love listing to some badass music when my dad would take me for a weekend ride. putting on the catback was probably one of the best days because my dad would drive the hell out of this thing. 730pm summer afternoon no cars on the freeway just making a u turnafter a light and whinding out the gears. good times

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
when i was a ricer in my 95 integra gsr, and went for a ride in a modded 91 gt that belonged to a guy that i worked with.

Foxbody with flows, o/r h-pipe, h/c/i, and 3.73's with a 5-speed ftw!

To be honest i wanted a mustang when i was living with the focks as i grow up a ford guy, but my parents wouldn't let me have one with a v8so i bought a civic and became a ricer for a while.

lmao

Evil4Eye

Schizophrenic SVT Poster
Established Member
1994 when the new SN95's were introduced. After that I became a Mustang/Ford freak.

Lethal SVT97

BLUEVNM
Established Member
when i was a sophomore in high school. went to business week over at central u. in ellensburgh. saw this guy with a gt, prolly 88. doing a smoke show. that was all she wrote. i knew i had to get rid of my 77 lt camaro.

BlckBullitt01

Established Member
When I was 12 my dads old friend who we were visiting bought a 03 Mach (in 2002) and took me for a spin. I thought it was really awesome, but I was never into cars and could really care less about how cool it was besides the fact that it went fast. He was kinda disappointed after asking me what car I wanted when I told him I didn't care... Few months later the virus caught up with me and took control. Then I've been Mustang this and Mustang that since then.

Bought my first Mustang when I was 16... it was a v6 I got for 3,000. I buffed it and made it look spectacular, and decided to sell it in favor for a Cobra, so within 2 days of posting it I had a guy willing to give me 5,000 on the spot immediately for it he was so impressed. Then I bought a Cobra but my Jeep was in my dads garage as a project I was working on, but my dad wouldn't let me drive my Cobra until I finished the Jeep, so owning my Cobra for almost a year now and its been sitting in a garage for like 8 months now only being driven by me the first day I got it. It really sucks but the Jeep should be finished in 1-2 weeks.

THE END

Get to work son! :rockon:

16, driving the V-6 my brother had... did a burnout by accident. That was it.

Lol I hear ya, and I bet about 50% of people driving on the roads in America have NEVER "spinned" the tires on a car, let alone what it feels like/how to handle it... scary when you actually think about it.

when my dad bought a 2002 gt with 1100k miles. leather mach 1000, one owner got me excited. the mach 1000 might be a weak system to many but id love listing to some badass music when my dad would take me for a weekend ride. putting on the catback was probably one of the best days because my dad would drive the hell out of this thing. 730pm summer afternoon no cars on the freeway just making a u turnafter a light and whinding out the gears. good times

Mach 1000 is the perfect system for these cars.. anything more and it starts to take away from performance (IMO)

Common

Established Member
Week after moving to the United States and having one blast by me on the highway doing about 120mph......

It was a red cobra, guy crashed it/totaled it doing 40mph two weeks after impressing the hell out of me and making me a "mustang guy".....

BlckBullitt01

Established Member
Week after moving to the United States and having one blast by me on the highway doing about 120mph......

It was a red cobra, guy crashed it/totaled it doing 40mph two weeks after impressing the hell out of me and making me a "mustang guy".....

Sounded pretty sexy didn't it? :banana:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
my first car was a 74 Mustang II. Why? My aunt had one at the time, and handed it down to my cousin. I found one in the paper when i was 15 and did some good things and my parents picked it up for me. once i got a job at the local waterpark with a decent commute, it didnt fit the bill anymore and i got a 94 Tbird 4.6L. Then after multiple tranny and AC rebuilds, retired that car and moved onto my 97 Eclipse GST spyder.

i went from the spyder which was pretty modded, to an 02 GT. I needed a vehicle that i could sit in for 8hrs since my girl moved to San Diego, and that was decently powerful, reliable and comfortable. I didnt trust my eclipse at the time farther than AAA could tow it, as i didnt mod it always to the best of my abilities and as a result, it was not totally reliable. Always had overheating issues with the size of the front-mount intercooler, and that wasnt good for driving over the Grapevine on the way to san diego.

however after having it and missing the power of my GST but loving the feel of the GT, but wanting boost, the natural progression was to get the 03/04, so that was that. Realized for the cost of supercharging the GT and building the motor, rear end, transmission, it was more cost efficient to get the 03/04, plus the 03/04 is still worth more than a built GT, so resale was always in the back of my mind with them.

then i grew to hate the big ass car payment, and with shit looking worse and worse every day, the last thing i wanted was the payment if i was laid off, so i sold it and got another gst spyder, since i still know the cars very well.

Ill get another 03/04 in a year or so, and when they come down in price.

Last edited:

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
When I met my husband, he was driving a '66 with a built motor. Boy we had fun in that car! :dancenana:Since then we have had two 69 Camaro's, a '72 vette, an '89 IROC, some dumb-ass family cars while we had babies, then a '02 Durango.

When the '05 Mustangs came out, we had to have one. Looked around for a year and finally decided on my 07 California Special. Sat in a bar and looked through a brochure and then went and ordered it new from the factory. :beer: Found the '03 Cobra a year after that! :rockon: We are having a great time with our his 'n hers Mustangs!

Users who are viewing this thread