When did 600 rwhp become "slow"?

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member
Around here I used to have a 550 rwhp Mach1 that was pretty much untouchable. Now fast forward a few years, and all of the people I used to cruise wit have at least 700 rwhp. My 5.0 makes right under 600 and I don't even try to race these guys. I'm talking like 20 plus cars. All of them stupid fast. My buddy and I built a 5.4 01 cobra with 950 rwhp a few years ago and until 2012 he never lost. Now there are even a handful of cars that pull him! When did this happen?

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Around here I used to have a 550 rwhp Mach1 that was pretty much untouchable. Now fast forward a few years, and all of the people I used to cruise wit have at least 700 rwhp. My 5.0 makes right under 600 and I don't even try to race these guys. I'm talking like 20 plus cars. All of them stupid fast. My buddy and I built a 5.4 01 cobra with 950 rwhp a few years ago and until 2012 he never lost. Now there are even a handful of cars that pull him! When did this happen?

Because of cars like this: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...43-twin-turbo-coyote-1266-rwhp-1058-rwtq.html

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Who would of thunk it in KS? 600 is not slow but I expect cars from bigger states/cities to be faster (just more cars). You could have a stock stock npi 2v in the middle of the Dakotas and still be one of the fastest cars:rolling:

Last edited:

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
600 rwhp isn't slow by any means its just that nowadays these newer cars can reach it fairly easy and the older cars are getting cheaper to mod. Still there arent a lot of guys riding around with that kinda power it just seems like it.

RSbeast

Established Member
Idk but it sucks that 450rwhp cars are sincerely lame duck now. Bolt on 5.0s with 420rwhp+ have really goofed the curve. I'm doing a h/c ls1 and expect to lose to everything lol. Far cry from 10yrs ago

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Gave up on caring. I'm having more fun with my eaton 400 rw SN95 than I do with my 750 rw Cobra. Less breaking, more driving. And like was said above, there really ARENT that many dudes rolling around with 600+. You just happen to be on a forum where many of them congregate.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
When did it become popular to lose all sense of driving balance?

I would still rather have a 400whp car at 3000lbs that can pull 1.5g's in the corners than 800whp in 4500lb car.:bash:

The first car sticks at takeoff, from any gear, sticks through the corner and is light enough to have a blast driving it to and from anywhere!

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
yes 600rwhp is slow @3800+ lbs, but shed some weight then it becomes a different story. I know a 400rwhp car that whoops up on 700+ cars all day.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
The above link..shows it. In south florida, 9 second cars have become the norm.

Then you have the few guys with 1000+ horsepower street cars. Hell there was a guy DDing his 1100 horsepower TT cobra for a while.

Now that I moved to vegas I rarely even see cars with exhaust haha

oneslo5.0

Established Member
Around our way 600RWHP is just about what you "need" for the big stuff. Then the cars just go up from that point.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
LOL@ this thread, 600rwhp isn't slow. Do you know the odds of running into a faster car on a daily basis? I'm in a city with a population of ~195,000 so even if there are ~200 cars with 600+rwhp it'll be rare to see them. Now if there's a meet of some sort I'm sure I'd probably feel that way too. There's so many stock Vettes, Mustangs, Camaros, SRT8s, and such running around so you'd hardly ever lose a race.

Kiohtee

Established Member
600rwhp would blow everything streetable around my immediate area out of the water! Now move on up to the Winston-Salem area and you run into people like tarheeltrooper (700+rwhp) etc.

Prototype007

Established Member
For years the "fast" cars in this area was H/C LS1 F-Bodies, N2O LT1's, Blown 2v GT's, and H/C Nitrous Foxbodys. Then one day it's like a storm of Twin Screw Cobra's, Boosted F-Bodies, and H/C C5, and C6Z06 just came from out of nowhere.

Us damn ricers that was just discovering turbos or moving on into the V8 world didn't even get a chance at the time lol!

Then again Somerset is considered the "Car Cruise Capital Of The World" so it was expected.

s_x_i

Established Member
I'm with Foof - I just gave up caring. I had close to 750 rwhp, now I daily a nice car and the Cobra sits in the shop.

600rwhp round here would put you towards the top end of the curve, but not invincible by any means.

BladeX10

Established Member
Im not even mad. Thats when shit gets expensive and you start obsessing over having the fastest car. Enjoy what you have and leave it at that. If you want to be fast, go buy a C6z06 and throw some mods on it and blow most of anything out of the water with 600RWHP

chris1badL

Established Member
LOL@ this thread, 600rwhp isn't slow. Do you know the odds of running into a faster car on a daily basis? I'm in a city with a population of ~195,000 so even if there are ~200 cars with 600+rwhp it'll be rare to see them. Now if there's a meet of some sort I'm sure I'd probably feel that way too. There's so many stock Vettes, Mustangs, Camaros, SRT8s, and such running around so you'd hardly ever lose a race.

+1 I DD my 2012 with 590rwhp, its pretty rare to meet my match in this area. I'm sure cars exist around that would destroy me but the odds of running into them are slim. With everyone else, enjoy what you have.

Users who are viewing this thread