Wheels

TourEnvy

Around
Established Member
Some Idiot (before me) thought it would be a good Idea to do a real crappy job spray painting over the stock wheels I dont know if i want to try to strip them and re powder coat the them (are they originally powder coated?) or try to get Two New ones (thats all I need).

A. Does any one still carry the stock SVT wheels?

B. Does any one make them aftermarket anymore?

C. Has any one tried to match the the wheel color?

G Jiggy

CSVT #518
Established Member
TourEnvy said:
Some Idiot (before me) thought it would be a good Idea to do a real crappy job spray painting over the stock wheels I dont know if i want to try to strip them and re powder coat the them (are they originally powder coated?) or try to get Two New ones (thats all I need).

A. Does any one still carry the stock SVT wheels?

B. Does any one make them aftermarket anymore?

C. Has any one tried to match the the wheel color?

They are not powder coated. It is simply silver paint and clear coat. It seems like a pretty average silver to me. Back in the day they used to call that color "Argent" when used on wheels. If you are going to jiggle can the job pick what silver you like and roll with that.

I'm sure you can get aftermarket that looks close but not the real SVT thing. Remember too that factory wheels are forged aluminum and are tougher than hell. Some aftermarket stuff is simply spin cast and not very strong at all.

I've seen SVT wheels here locally on Craig’s List for $350.00 for all four with some so-so tires. That sounded pretty fair to me as new ones are north of $250 I think. I've also seen them on e-bay. I'd try either place for replacement. Try your local wrecking yard too or even a wrecking yard on the Net. They can UPS pretty easily anywhere.

Watch out buying stuff from private parties on these forums (sorry SVT Performance), I just got ripped for $150.00 and they guy never sent the parts and doesn't reply to any e-mails from me. My bad for a least not getting his phone number but still . . .

Hope this helps.

Jason43

Brewer, patriot
Established Member
They usually go pretty cheap on ebay. Thats where I'd look. If you're going to go through the dealer, check the Tousley Ford sticky at the top of the page.

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
G Jiggy said:
Remember too that factory wheels are forged aluminum and are tougher than hell. Some aftermarket stuff is simply spin cast and not very strong at all.
Factory SVT rims are cast aluminum. (16x6.5 / 20-21lbs)
Roughly 99.997% of all factory rims, besides steelies, are cast aluminum. They are cheaper, they are quicker to produce in mass, they are cheaper, they are heavier, and they are cheaper to make as well.

TourEnvy

Around
Established Member
Thanks Guys, I Guess I have a couple roads to go down, i think Im going to try to clean up the ones I have first and go from there, If that isnt satisfactory, Ill look into paying the big bucks. ( I just want them to match and look good!)

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
G Jiggy said:
Watch out buying stuff from private parties on these forums (sorry SVT Performance), I just got ripped for $150.00 and they guy never sent the parts and doesn't reply to any e-mails from me. My bad for a least not getting his phone number but still . . .
Its not just SVT Performance its online in general. No forum is safe from dickheads that rip people off. Did you use the trader feedback option to help others from dealing with the same guy?

Blackcoog

3L Contour swap Guru
Established Member
Check www.car-parts.com for rims. I found a few a while back on there when I had a bad one that needed to be replaced. I think I paid $50 for a good rim and center cap.

Users who are viewing this thread