Wheels scratched... Opinions

quick-nick

Established Member
So I had my nittos taken off of my year old niche wheels and they have a couple of light scratches on them. The worst one is about a quarter inch long and through the paint. I am OCD so should I be pissed or is this gonna happen regardless who removes the tires??

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
I would be pretty upset. Like Booky said A good shop with a knowledgeable technician can mount tires without damaging the wheels.

dannydr44

Established Member
There are companies that specialize in stripping and refinishing wheels. I live in northern New Jersey and there are four companies, local to me, that offer that type of service. Obviously, some are better than others. Ask around or check with your local body shops/collision shops. Hell, you can even do custom colors/combinations. Just a thought...

noldevin

Established Member
If you're having them widened you'll probably need them refinished anyway. Get them powder coated. I'm pretty sure Niche's finish is garbage across most of their wheels anyway, I know it is on my Targas

5lho

Established Member
I always thought PC was the way to go with wheels but, it only is if nothing ever happens to the wheel. Nick a PC wheel and you have to refinish the whole thing. A painted wheel can be remediated in just the affected spot, generally.

Users who are viewing this thread