Wheels for silver Cobra.

Brucealeg

Established Member
Guys,
As much as I like the stock wheel, I just don't think they look right on a Silver Cobra. I am looking to replace them with a darker (charcoal?) color.

I'd like to get a darker wheel and maybe add some black lines to the car itself. I think the two colors would make my ride look hot.

Problem is I am having trouble finding the wheels.

I like this one:
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/product/wheels/aro002.c.xl.jpg

I don't think they come in a darker shade. Does anyone know of something simular that comes in a darker color? Or maybe even a wheel they think looks kickass on a Silver Cobra? I am thinking about getting 18x10 for the back, so I can run DS-G3 or Nitto 555Rs. Does the larger wheel/tire affect mileage?

Lastly, when buying wheels for our car is there a certain type I should be looking for? What I mean is, do the wheels need to be a certain strength to handle the workload? Is there some rating you need to check for? I want to make sure I don't get junk and be screwed afterwards.

Thanks for any advice,
Bruce

Last edited:

TheHylandr

wuzzzzzzzzup?
Established Member
aro002.c.xl.jpg

EatonMe

Originally posted by Brucealeg
No one with a Silver Cobra doing anything interesting with their wheels???

Bruce

I've been thinking about having the spokes of my anniv/ wheels powdercoated black, and leaving the lip polished. I've also considered doing the same on my AFS 18x9 & 18x10.5's. I might just get new wheels - probably HRE's or CCW's.

Damn. Redaddiction's red Cobra with powdercoated anniversary wheels makes me want to powdercoat mine so bad.

3GROC

Established Member
18in fikse are in my future....eithe FM10s or nothing...

Brucealeg

Established Member
I really like the ones I found, but you need the black color with silver. The 10th anny in powdercoated black would look awsome also. Wonder if they can be ordered that way?

Bruce

Brucealeg

Established Member
Not quite what I wanted, but the price is right. I was hoping for 18x10 for my rears so I can mount 315 tires.

Bruce

Brucealeg

Established Member
Thanks Dave,
Those are the sizes I want, but not the style. I think I'd rather have powdercoated black, then solid black.

Bruce

Dave99GT

Go Packers!
Established Member
Bruce:
that link doesn't work. It gives a page that says "session expired."
Dave

Spotless 10th

Established Member
I've been trying to find different rims then my 10th Anniv. There was a silver Cobra on here a while back with some really nice rims but I have not seen him post lately. I do like the ones The Hylandr posted. IMO the black wouldn't go with silver but thats me.

Brucealeg

Established Member
Black and silver are considered complimentary colors. I don't want a solid black, but a charcoal like color. I think that would look better.

Dave, they were the BBS RS-GTs. Tirerack only has them in 19x8.5. I think they look pretty slick. I'll try to find a reliable link to post a pic from.

Bruce

Last edited:

Brucealeg

Established Member
This is what I am talking about. A light shade of black. They call this diamond black and I think it would look good on a silver car.

Picture

Bruce

Spotless 10th

Established Member
Bruce- that looks like the rim the silver Cobra I was talking about had or very simular. I hought you were talking about a dark black, my bad. The rim in the link should look bad a$$ IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread