Wheelhop?

bssmith1220

Established Member
So I took the car to the track this past weekend and it was wheelhopping something crazy. I didn't even know a SRA car could or would do that. What can I do to correct this issue, and is going to break something if I don't get out of it when it starts like an IRS car? It only does it at the track it seems not on the street, maybe the extra sticky surface at the track affects it? Any ideas?

cobra mike

rice killing king!
Established Member
all s197 hop all you need is some lower control arms and some relocation brakets, that will fix the problem, mine hops bad also, already got some on the way

bssmith1220

Established Member
all s197 hop all you need is some lower control arms and some relocation brakets, that will fix the problem, mine hops bad also, already got some on the way

I've never had a S197 maybe thats why I've never had wheelhop on a SRA car.

AmnDucky

Established Member
The S-197's got a 3-link instead of the SN95 4 link. Great for turning and handling, but it hops more.

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
look at the roush upper control arm. my gt500 hopped like crazy but this part alone stopped the hop completely. ask around, it works!

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
sell it, buy a terminator, contact fulltiltboogie racing, wheel hop solved.

Interesting you say that since Rebecca Starkey at VMP Tuning ran a 12.33@114 with her 2011 GT with a lot less HP than your car.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-mustangs-354/716174-12-33-114-a.html

The motor in the GT is the motor that should have been in the Terminator.
Technology has come a long way since 2003.
Don't get me wrong. I love my mid 10 second convertible Terminator but things change and the Mustangs keep getting better.

why downgrade?

That was cold!:(

Users who are viewing this thread