?Wheel Width Question???

KOOY

Established Member
Q1 --- I am thinking to get a pair of AFS 17*10.5" wheels for the rear of my 03'. Is it gonna be a problem? Or any problem if I lower the 03' later on? I heard some people are saying they have a manner problem with 18*10.5".
Q2 --- What about 18*10"? any problem?
Thanks, guys.. :read:

pld

SoOntRebel
Established Member
PM "TOP FUEL" he know's anything and everything you"ll ever need to know about wider rear rim's and tires.

GordsFord

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Hi Jason, Gord here.

I have the AFS 17 X 10.5 wheels with Nitto 17 X 315 drag radials on now. They will fit without a spacer required if the chassis bolt head is ground down to 1/4 inch high overall. For the road course track days I run Kumho 17 X 315 Victoracer tires and they are wider. In order to fit them on I use 1/8 " hubcentric spacers that I had custom made. Maximum Motorsports now has 1/8 " spacers for sale that should be OK. I am going to order some to inspect and try myself.

Some of the 315 tires are even wider and require a thicker spacer and for those special attention must be paid to the spacer and wheel stud designs.

Cheers,

Gord

GordsFord Performance
www.gordsfordperformance.com
604 649 3533

KOOY

Established Member
Hello, Gordon. how are you?

First of all, I love the heatexchager unit I bought from you. It is just the look I wanted. I am waiting for the weather to be warmer so we can wire the fans, cann't wait.

Second, I just started looking for a pair of wider rear rims and found the AFS suits best for my budget. What makes it even better is that, you are using the same ones and that reassure me alot. Speaking of the tires, I am now looking in to the new FUZION summer tires made by Bridgestone or maybe the Kumho supre 712. BTW, did you buy your Nitto at the US?

GordsFord

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Hi Jason. Yes the AFS rims are good value. The same rims are also sold by Jegs as "Detroit Wheel" brand and they were less cost there if available, or the AFS rims are sold on Ebay also.

I bought the Nitto Tires from Discount Tire in the USA and was able to declare them "duty and tax free" when I was away for a week on Business.

I don't know the Bridgestone Fuzion tire. The Kumho tires are good value and are supposed to perform well. My Kumho's are track tires that I only use for Open Track events.

Spring is near so the time to hook up the fans is getting closer!

Cheers,

Gord

Users who are viewing this thread