Wheel Widening??

Hy_Dro

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Im planning on widening my rear Y2K's to 11 inches and running a 315 out back with a 1 inch spacer over the winter. My question is, Can I widen them to 12 inches and run a 335. Will this fit?? If not, what's needed to get them to fit. Anyone running 335's on their Cobra? If you got em, pics would be awesome.

Thanks in advance

wiseasp

Established Member
I am running 315 BFG drag radials on Y2K 18X9.5 rims.

Last edited:

Hy_Dro

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Originally posted by wiseasp
I am running 315 BFG drag radials on Y2K 18X9.5 rims. I CAN NOT FIND ANYONE WHO WIDENS WHEELS ANYMORE. Did you find someone to do it???

Wow, how's the fit?? Do the drag radials allow for a thinner rim. I was under the impression you needed an 11 inch rim for 315's. Looks sweet by the way.:thumbsup:

I have found someone to do it................they want $175 per wheel. I cant find that exact link now but here's another place that does them. http://www.internetalternatives.com/wshoppe/wwiden.htm You can also try a google search to try and find someone in your area.

Edit - Found the link http://www.weldcraft.net/widenseq.html I called them this morning and they'll do my Y2K's for $175 a wheel.

Last edited:

Hy_Dro

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
it all depends on the offset/backspacing of your rim. I am running 335's. Here is the thread:

http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52384

there are a bunch of pics for ya

:beer: That looks awesome bro...............exactly what Im lookin for. Here's the info on my wheels, 4.5" bolt circle, 5.84" backspace. If I get these widened to 11.5 inches will they fit on my Cobra with 335's??

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
well its hard to say, I am not an expert or anything at this. My backspace is about 6.75 I think. I don't think they will fit with your 11.5'' rim. As far as I know, besides CCW's, no one has fit anything bigger than 315's on any other rim. Even the 315's will hit the IRS bolt on some rims. But I really can't say for sure if they will or will not fit. :shrug:

Hy_Dro

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
well its hard to say, I am not an expert or anything at this. My backspace is about 6.75 I think. I don't think they will fit with your 11.5'' rim. As far as I know, besides CCW's, no one has fit anything bigger than 315's on any other rim. Even the 315's will hit the IRS bolt on some rims. But I really can't say for sure if they will or will not fit. :shrug:

Thanks man, I guess I'll just go with the 315's to be on the safe side and run a spacer if needed. It's just I love the look of your car with the 335's. I not a lucky as you to find some 335's for a trial fit.:(

Hy_Dro

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Originally posted by wiseasp
Keep us informed of your wheels. I will send them a set to widen to 11.5" if you have good success.

Thnaks again,
ROB

No problem, I'll be getting them widened over the winter so as soon as that's done i'll post an update.:D

Hy_Dro

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Hhmmm, just thought of something. If I widen my wheels to 11.5 inches my backspace will change aswell. I wonder if I can get the wheel fabricator to set it to 6.75 like the CCW wheels. Im by no means an expert here so correct me if Im wrong guys.

Hy_Dro

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Originally posted by redaddiction
What are the stock wheel specs ? Also what were the ccw specs ?

My 18x9.5 Y2K's are 4.5" bolt circle, 5.84" backspace (will be widening the rears to about 11 or 12 inches)

CCW 18x11 offset 19mm, 6.75 backspace I believe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread