Wheel weights?

agof95

Established Member
Are wheel weights available that go on the inside of the wheel? If so, are they as effective as the normal ones for balancing?

I want to avoid the wheels being screwed up due to different weight placements.

Honest Mike

Established Member
You can get them re-balanced and let them put stick on weights on the inside of the rim, and you wont see them, unless you go looking between the spokes, then maybe you will. Also they can put them on the inner lip and that wouldnt matter if it gets scratched or not, plus they wont be seen there. But the ones that the balancer calls for on the outer lip can go inside the wheel on the flat surface behind the spokes. They say balancing this way is just as effective, but i tend to think putting them EXACTLY where the machine says makes a slight difference, meaning put it on the outer lip when it says too, not behind the spoke but as close to the front of the wheel as possible. I could be wrong in saying that but thats my oppinion. Mike

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
When I purchased my Nitto's from Steeda they Put them on for me and did the balance also. They used the weights that you mentioned and the are on the inside of the wheel where they cant be seen. Supposedly they have pretty good balancing equiptment at Steeda and Im sure that they used the weight for a reason.Black03

Users who are viewing this thread