Wheel/Tire combos for live axle and 530 RWHP

GreyCobra_03

Lurch
Established Member
I am swapping in a live axle from a 2001 GT, and am interested in running largest tire/wheel combo that I can fit under the car. I don't want to "mini-tub" or anything like that, I will be running ET Streets on some sort of drag wheel. My local "Mean Street" competition requires that the tires not stick out from the fender wall, but does not limit tire size.
I am just looking for recommendations on what size rims and what size tires to buy? I am torn between throwing in 3.55s or 3.90s, depending on how tall of a tire I go with.
Who has the largest set of slicks on this forum, and how do they fit? Any advice would be appreciated, since the Nittos I am currently running don't hook up at all on my track. Please include backspacing measurements and any additional information you care to include is greatly appreciated
So far it looks like I will be running Lakewood 50/10s on stock GT shocks, I will be upgrading as I work through the launch problems...

Edit: 28 x 13.5 x 15 is my only answer so far, does this sound about right? Also, I am looking for a size on the wheels, IE what backspacing, and 8", 10" etc.?

trey193

Established Member
To big of tire will slow the car down on that note I would stick with 26inch tire. A 26.11.50 ET Street with a solid rear and good components will hook well.

Bad10th

Established Member
I run a 26x11.5x15 Et street on Weld Prostars....I wouldn't go to a 28" tire or anything bigger it will just slow you down IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread