Wheel/Tire Combo FOR THE STREET

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
So, I have a Hellcat Charger that will be making a minimum of 900rwhp (will do full bolt-ons & then will gradually add heads/cams/nitrous/etc.).

They're solid on 17"/18" rims with Mickey Thompsons or Hoosiers at the track, but on the street I've witnessed countless Hellcats suffer traction issues with these same setups that work well on the track. I know racing on less prepped surfaces is an art...feathering the gas, etc. all comes into play. I was considering a 15" rim setup, but would have to do a brake conversion on the rear. I'd like to keep it daily drivable, just a tire swap for racing use. Any recommendations? I may consider just running tires that poke out some to give me more surface contact area, but that will obviously look a little goofy.

_Snake_

Established Member
Generally speaking, you want as much diameter, width, sidewall, and sticky compound as you can fit. Which probably means a 15" rim.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
At that power level is not just about wheel and tire but also suspension set up... The proper springs/shocks will be worth their weight in gold. Look into a viking set up.

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
I would think there is just a certain amount of spin your going to have to deal with. I would be looking more into the traction control setup. Not sure if they can tune that in your vehicle or add an aftermarket or piggyback ems that can limit wheel spin.

Users who are viewing this thread