Length: 1-31/32 in.
Shoulder Length: 17/32 in.

OTHER:
2.jpg

Thread: 1/2-20
Knurl Diameter: 0.625 in.
Length: 1-5/8 in.
Shoulder Length: 15/32 in.

IS THERE THAT MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE? OBVIOUSLY SOME OF THE NUMBERS ARE DIFFERENT BUT I WANT THE SHORTER ONE (OTHER). WHAT DO YALL THINK? TOO MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE TO USE?

F8L BYT

Established Member
STOCK:
1.jpg

Knurl Diameter: 0.615 in.
Length: 1-31/32 in.
Shoulder Length: 17/32 in.

OTHER:
2.jpg

Knurl Diameter: 0.625 in.
Length: 1-5/8 in.
Shoulder Length: 15/32 in.

IS THERE THAT MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE? OBVIOUSLY SOME OF THE NUMBERS ARE DIFFERENT BUT I WANT THE SHORTER ONE (OTHER). WHAT DO YALL THINK? TOO MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE TO USE?

Those are different. The first ones are for the front and the last ones are for the rear. Rear knurl is .625 and fronts are .615

TIMMONS

ZZZ
Established Member
Why would you want a shorter stud??

Just curious..
WELL I HAVE A COUPLE STUDS IN THE REAR THAT THE THREADS ARE MESSED UP...I ALSO HAVE 1IN WHEEL SPACERS WAITING TO GO ON. INSTEAD OF GRINDING DOWN THE STOCK STUDS I WAS TRYING TO FIND STUDS THAT ARE SHORTER AND WOULD WORK...KILL 2 BIRDS :rockon:

Those are different. The first ones are for the front and the last ones are for the rear. Rear knurl is .625 and fronts are .615

FIRST ONES ARE ACTUALLY STOCK REARS FROM 97 MUSTANGB AND THE SECOND ONES ARE REAR FROM A 70'S MUSTANG...AT LEAST THATS WHAT AUTOZONE WEBSITE SAYS :shrug:

F8L BYT

Established Member
FIRST ONES ARE ACTUALLY STOCK REARS FROM 97 MUSTANGB AND THE SECOND ONES ARE REAR FROM A 70'S MUSTANG...AT LEAST THATS WHAT AUTOZONE WEBSITE SAYS :shrug:

Haha i wouldnt trust their website. You can take my word for whatever its worth but I just went through all of this with ordering new studs for the rear for my drag wheels and Talked to both jegs and moser when I had questions about the knurl sizes

TIMMONS

ZZZ
Established Member
Haha i wouldnt trust their website. You can take my word for whatever its worth but I just went through all of this with ordering new studs for the rear for my drag wheels and Talked to both jegs and moser when I had questions about the knurl sizes
ya ill take your advice...theyre sites been wrong more than once

TIMMONS

ZZZ
Established Member
well...anyone know where to get shorter studs? or am i stuck with grinding them down

TIMMONS

ZZZ
Established Member
will do...just forgot im getting 4 wisdom teeth pulled today(thursday)...it might be a couple days before i get the results. depends on how i feel

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread